Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Change parameters at point

JB7280

26 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

It has been weird since it was changed from the old method to the new method. I have had to make different changes to get exactly what I want.

Good to know it's not just me.  I choose a point, and it seems to take that point, and add the distance from the world CS.  So instead of drilling to -.30, I get a toolpath drilling to 12.453 or whatever.   Goofy.

7 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

Good to know it's not just me.  I choose a point, and it seems to take that point, and add the distance from the world CS.  So instead of drilling to -.30, I get a toolpath drilling to 12.453 or whatever.   Goofy.

Yes where I started creating all the points I needed for Change at Point to use. You stating adding values and it gets weird really quick. That said the new advanced drill in 2021 is very nice and allows for a lot of custom things. Might see if that helps you better than Change at Point. 

9 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Yes where I started creating all the points I needed for Change at Point to use. You stating adding values and it gets weird really quick. That said the new advanced drill in 2021 is very nice and allows for a lot of custom things. Might see if that helps you better than Change at Point. 

Is 2021 stable enough to rely on at this point?

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, SlaveCam said:

Has this been fixed in 2022 ?

I have used it many a few times in 2022 and seems to be more stable. Need to remember still in incremental and not absolute values when doing change at point. What I don't like is the changes don't show up when you make the toolpath. You can make the changes and they will be accepted, but will not show up when picking the points. You have to finish the toolpath then the changes will show. I wish they showed when the change was made like they will after a toolpath is made. It seems the Database of Mastercam keeps the toolpath in limbo land until it is completed with regards to change at point.

Here is an example file in 2022.

5TH AXIS METRIC CHANGE AT POINT EXAMPLE.mcam

I just had the incentive to install 2022 because of a new job involving a LOT of drillings at different depths, and it seems this bug still exists. You still have to subtract the Z origin of the operation's construction plane from the value you enter to get it right. I assume (rather hope) this is a bug, because if by design, all hope is lost.