Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Turning off what I am not using.

Jeff2005

I want to turn off two items that I have turned off before, but can't seem to find where they are at to turn off, in Mastercam.

Can someone point me in the direction to turn these items off?  see attached pic.  

This pic is from the print area, but it's on the Mastercam screen.  I just wanted the pic to be white back ground to better see it.

thanks,

Jeff

image.png

2 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

That's what i thought too, but we don't have verisurf.  We had it in like 2017 or 2018 version.

Do you have moldplus? Sometimes they are packaged together.

Powersurface from Verisurf got added and it might be a part of that showing up from Verisurf. I recommend installing the Verisurf Free Add on and seeing if you can turn them off then you can uninstall the free add on if you don't want it. Are you sure in the planes manger the display WCS button is not act vie for the Gnomon? 

12 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Powersurface from Verisurf got added and it might be a part of that showing up from Verisurf. I recommend installing the Verisurf Free Add on and seeing if you can turn them off then you can uninstall the free add on if you don't want it. Are you sure in the planes manger the display WCS button is not act vie for the Gnomon? 

Nothing is selected on the "Show Gnomons"

22 minutes ago, Jeff2005 said:

Nothing is selected on the "Show Gnomons"

The button is not darker than the other buttons? When it is active it darkens and the plane you have highlighted in the planes manager will show up until you click something if Display is not active. If display is active for that plane and that button is pressed then you will keep see it. If not then do like I suggested and install the free Verisurf addon and work with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:   I was finally able to figure out why I was not able to change what was showing on the screen.  It looked like I had Verifsurf tools installed, but I didn't.  Finally my fellow colleague figured out it might be some of the "My Mastercam" files that was corrupt, we copied from His computer and pasted to mine overwriting these files.  This did fix the issue. Before doing this I had our IT department completely uninstall Mastercam 2021.  I wanted them to completely wipe any evidence of mastercam, hoping this would fix the issue, it didn't.  They missed some key folders that wasn't deleted like "My mastercam" folder and the shared folder too.  After we fixed the issue with Mastercam, without our IT departments help.  I shared with them on how we fix it,  trying to be honest about what we did.  They didn't seem to like the fact I had copied from one computer to another.  UGH.  This is what I get for being honest.  Now they are wanting me to get Mastercam rep in to confirm what I did was OK.  Sometimes being honest about our intentions gets us in more trouble, even though it did nothing to the integrity of my computer.   

thanks for any input that you may have given me.

best Regards Jeff

1 hour ago, Jeff2005 said:

UPDATE:   I was finally able to figure out why I was not able to change what was showing on the screen.  It looked like I had Verifsurf tools installed, but I didn't.  Finally my fellow colleague figured out it might be some of the "My Mastercam" files that was corrupt, we copied from His computer and pasted to mine overwriting these files.  This did fix the issue. Before doing this I had our IT department completely uninstall Mastercam 2021.  I wanted them to completely wipe any evidence of mastercam, hoping this would fix the issue, it didn't.  They missed some key folders that wasn't deleted like "My mastercam" folder and the shared folder too.  After we fixed the issue with Mastercam, without our IT departments help.  I shared with them on how we fix it,  trying to be honest about what we did.  They didn't seem to like the fact I had copied from one computer to another.  UGH.  This is what I get for being honest.  Now they are wanting me to get Mastercam rep in to confirm what I did was OK.  Sometimes being honest about our intentions gets us in more trouble, even though it did nothing to the integrity of my computer.   

thanks for any input that you may have given me.

best Regards Jeff

The config files share nothing but preferences. You could have just erased the .workspace file with Mastercam closed and then just restarted Mastercam and that would have done the same thing. Sorry I didn't think to mention it. 

Ask you IT why they didn't have the correct process and method figured out for the uninstall and reinstall of a software? Ask them where their ISO backup of your system is? What is the daily process to make sure you configuration and users files are stored correctly? That will make the situation worse for you, but if they were then all your efforts would have been for naught since the next day your system would have reverted back to the same thing, but I am just crazy like that. 

• Like 1