Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Getting a list of memory table ID numbers

I would like to set new addresses for some memory table items used in nesting, since some of them appear to share the same address in a bug for mastercam nesting 2021, is there a way to get a list of all the used addresses in the current file? 

The point would be to avoid using/overwriting an already used address

Have you reported the issues you are seeing in 2021?

There was several nesting text issues fixed in 2021 when opening 2020 or previous version files.

Some text was being assigned to the wrong fields, such as part labels showing up as material names.

If you haven't please report the issue so we can address it a 2021 patch.

Thanks, Steve

3 hours ago, Stephen J Van Dyne said:

Have you reported the issues you are seeing in 2021?

3 hours ago, Stephen J Van Dyne said:

There was several nesting text issues fixed in 2021 

Yes, you guys did a great job, 2020 has issues with the nesting becoming dirty when editing drafting entities and creating geometry in the nested sheet area. 2021 it's all fixed.

I reported the issue to qc immediately when I saw it, it's easy to duplicate.

It should be a 2021 patch from what I understood from qc.

Thanks.

In 2021 note text is no longer stored in the memory table. The only memory table items used by nesting would be the sheet names & materials, part names, labels & materials, and group names. These items are used to load the dialog pages and regenerate the final nested result. This memory table ids are stored in the nesting operation's toolpath entities and are not visible to the user. I don't believe toolpath entities are available through the API.

3 minutes ago, Stephen J Van Dyne said:

The only memory table items used by nesting would be the sheet names & materials, part names, labels & materials, and group names.

Those are the items in question, correct. They appear to share 1 memory table ID  for each part for the name, label and material, like I showed in the video.