Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas UMC750 modular fixturing

Smit

Does anybody have a modular fixturing plate they like to use on a round Haas UMC750 table?

I'm trying to do some research to see what is out there that miight help us reduce our fixture swapping time. I'm just not sure what's available right now.

If you have anything you are happy with and would recommend I'd appreciate the advice.

Thanks!

5th axis copied the Lang with the quick change 4 pins process. It is really slick process Lang developed years ago. Raptor has their process. Jergens, Kurt and Gerardi has a 5 Axis system. 

You can use the Product Selector page and it will get you going in a good direction. Link

5th Axis Vices and 5th Axis CG Inc my company are not affiliated and only share part of a name I can recommend their products just like I can many others.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Machineguy said:

Haas is really pushing the UMC 750 right now.

They have a UMC500 and a UMC1000. Have customers with all three models and they are making good money with them. Nothing super tight tolerance for the most part, but the one doing tight tolerance work is taking the steps needed to do it correctly. IE Climate Controlled Machining Area, Probing and in process inspections on Zero Point Fixtures from Schunk.

HAAS 1500 DUO WISH LIST ,

https://www.haascnc.com/video/what-s-new-marketing-video/XANtrePfYxU.html

I did design a pretty slick sub plate but my shop never let me build it , it's on my downloads if you want to take a look .

We did end up going with fifth axis all though I gotta say some of there .0005 self centering vises were pretty loose and junky , after i contacted them they just kept shuffling me around , never got it rectified . out of 20 some vices though there were 3 that were bad . I do like their products though.

I love the ease of use of the 750 probably my favorite machine ever to run and to program for.

• Like 1