Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Operation display multiple tools by default?

JHyder2

48 minutes ago, byte me said:

What does the event logger say?

There should be a notification when the chook is launched

There is the .ft file and the .dll in the chooks folder correct?

Mastercam needs to be restarted before a chook is added as they are loaded on startup.

If you right click on the files make sure you check the box at the bottom that says unblock.

The event logger will tell you usually. what's going on.

37 minutes ago, byte me said:

Looks like I compiled it with an older version of nethook_3.dll.

I'm going to download Mastercam 2021 and recompile it against that version.

Event log attached.  I did make sure to grab both files.  I made all changes in a new, empty file and restarted before testing.  I tried in both 2020 and 2021.  I'll wait for you to recompile and see if that helps.

Event Log 9-16-20.png

2 hours ago, JHyder2 said:

Event log attached.  I did make sure to grab both files.  I made all changes in a new, empty file and restarted before testing.  I tried in both 2020 and 2021.  I'll wait for you to recompile and see if that helps.

Event Log 9-16-20.png

Yup, they changed something around 2021 I made the modification, I won't be able to test it until tomorrow, I'm waiting on a new hasp. You can try if this works better in the meantime.

netPropertyManager-AddIn-master.zip

2 hours ago, byte me said:

Yup, they changed something around 2021 I made the modification, I won't be able to test it until tomorrow, I'm waiting on a new hasp. You can try if this works better in the meantime.

netPropertyManager-AddIn-master.zip

1 hour ago, byte me said:

It juuust came in the mail. 2021 the recompiled version worked for me. ^^

I tried again in 2020 and 2021 with these files and I still get nothing.  Event log shows that it is running and exiting same as before.  Makes me think I'm missing something either functionality or setup wise.  I'm confident I have the files in the right place.  Beyond that, could you elaborate a little more on the intended function?

I had in mind that it would read the default library for the loaded machine, and bring in all those tools so that opening the toolpath parameters would show an already-populated tool list.  Is that correct?  

2 hours ago, JHyder2 said:

I tried again in 2020 and 2021 with these files and I still get nothing.  Event log shows that it is running and exiting same as before.  Makes me think I'm missing something either functionality or setup wise.  I'm confident I have the files in the right place.  Beyond that, could you elaborate a little more on the intended function?

I had in mind that it would read the default library for the loaded machine, and bring in all those tools so that opening the toolpath parameters would show an already-populated tool list.  Is that correct?  

It opens an open file dialog asking for a tool library, then that gets loaded

The add-In needs to be launched from a quick access toolbar icon, see video, this is because it does not  contain a "Run" signature entry point, so you would not  be able to run via start-up or run Add-In function.

14 hours ago, byte me said:

The add-In needs to be launched from a quick access toolbar icon, see video, this is because it does not  contain a "Run" signature entry point, so you would not  be able to run via start-up or run Add-In function.

I was trying to activate it via run add-in.  Added it to my QAT and it's flawless.  Thank you so much!

23 hours ago, byte me said:

Great, glad I could help.

After using it yesterday afternoon, there are two adjustments that would be the icing on the cake if they are possible!

Currently it is loading two of each tool as I have them stored as a cutting tool, and as an assembly with holder in the library.  It is not seeing this as a duplicate and I would like if it was able to load the assembly only.  The other thing is that it is currently not loading/displaying the assembly name which would be helpful for my programmers.

48 minutes ago, JHyder2 said:

After using it yesterday afternoon, there are two adjustments that would be the icing on the cake if they are possible!

Currently it is loading two of each tool as I have them stored as a cutting tool, and as an assembly with holder in the library.  It is not seeing this as a duplicate and I would like if it was able to load the assembly only.  The other thing is that it is currently not loading/displaying the assembly name which would be helpful for my programmers.

Let me take a look

1 hour ago, JHyder2 said:

Here's the library!  Thanks again!

Mikron.tooldb

JHyder2,

I split the functionality between  2 new functions under these names :

1 ->  Import Tools From Library -> Imports only stand alone tools from the tool library, then binds them with the default assembly

2 ->  Import Tool Assemblies From Library -> Imports only tool assemblies from the tool library

netPropertyManager-AddIn.zip

1 hour ago, byte me said:

JHyder2,

I split the functionality between  2 new functions under these names :

1 ->  Import Tools From Library -> Imports only stand alone tools from the tool library, then binds them with the default assembly

2 ->  Import Tool Assemblies From Library -> Imports only tool assemblies from the tool library

netPropertyManager-AddIn.zip

Byte,

Thank you for all you do for the Mastercam community!  I hate to continue asking for more, but it seems at some point the 2020 functionality went away.  In my testing, at least one version was compatible...maybe it has to do with the version of nethook_3.dll that you used?  Would it be possible to take this latest rev and get it compiled for 2020 as well?  I hope that's not too much trouble for you.

I'll have to install 2020, but I can do it.

29 minutes ago, JHyder2 said:

Would it be possible to take this latest rev and get it compiled for 2020 as well?  I hope that's not too much trouble for you.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:18 AM, byte me said:

Byte, you are the man.  Thank you so much for your time and attention in helping me get this solved.  Members such as yourself are the ones who make this community such a valuable resource, and we would all be well-served to try a little harder to help one another like you do for so many.  

• Like 2