Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hosed myself on WCS plane, hopefully for the last time

nperry

3 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

With the greatest respect to everyone, I personally think this is being over thought.

X+, and 1x click...

Capture.JPG

My company doesn't want to purchase maintenance for X+. A shame, because I would love to support Günther.

Instead I learned how to make Active Reports do what I need, for setup sheets.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

My company doesn't want to purchase maintenance for X+. A shame, because I would love to support Günther.

Quite the accomplishment, active reports is quite complicated, I avoid it for that reason.

It is a very good api, for making setup sheets.

44 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

don't understand , it's pennies in the long run, how many hours did you spend to get active reports compared to 5 minutes to set up X+

2 minutes ago, htm01 said:

don't understand , it's pennies in the long run, how many hours did you spend to get active reports compared to 5 minutes to set up X+

I do.

You already pay for software that can get what you need.  Why should a company buy something 3rd party that is ultimately a luxury and not a need?

I know it's short money in the big picture but bean counters prefer a million little pictures.

Myself I don't really dabble in any of the 3rd party items, Verisurf is the exception to that rule. Though now after time Mastercam has provided the tools I used and that's likely to fall away.

Too many times over the years I have seen too many 3rd parties offer something then for whatever reason, fall off leaving people who relied on them in the lurch. As such, I avoid them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, htm01 said:

It took a solid 5 or 6 hours for me to get into a groove with Active Reports. There's still a lot of nooks and crannies to explore, sure, but what I really love about it is that your imagination is pretty much the limit for what you want to put on your setup sheets, or how you want to configure them. 

Also, it took about an hour or two of post work, but I think I've got it...

multiplewcs.png

2 hours ago, JParis said:
2 hours ago, Newbeeee™ said:

Can it save in MSWord .doc format yet?

No

Sure you could, there is a c# scripting api inside active reports than can talk to Microsoft.interop for word

2 hours ago, JParis said:

Too many times over the years I have seen too many 3rd parties offer something then for whatever reason, fall off leaving people who relied on them in the lurch. As such, I avoid them.

The reason I always provide source code, so end users could always download and recompile for new versions, most of what I make is just to show what could be done/ what I would like to see in the software.

2 hours ago, htm01 said:

Proprietary software is always better than 3rd party, because it's free, which means more $

I mean, we aren't talking vericut here

10 minutes ago, byte said:

The reason I always provide source code, so end users could always download and recompile for new versions, most of what I make is just to show what could be done/ what I would like to see in the software.

We have people coming in that can't draw a line...they're gonna recomplie some code?  

From a support standpoint, having done it for 7 years, the average user just needs something that works. Anything beyond point & click is beyond the "average" user.

And that's not to put down anything you and others have offered....

Just now, JParis said:

We have people coming in that can't draw a line...they're gonna recomplie some code?  

From a support standpoint, having done it for 7 years, the average user just needs something that works

In a well implemented chook

Type the new path to the mastercam SDK after the installer has run.

Build -> Rebuild Solution

jm2cw

Just now, byte said:

In a well implemented chook

Type the new path to the mastercam SDK after the installer has run.

Build -> Rebuild Solution

jm2cw

Ever had to field a tech question from a user that couldn't figure out where the icon to launch Mastercam went?

• Like 1