Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hosed myself on WCS plane, hopefully for the last time

nperry

2 minutes ago, byte said:

Maybe in a few years, I will peek your interest.. :D

I'm 2 days waiting in IT so I can update my registry and try to solve my crashing issue...

With the lockdown on systems around here, I won't even bother... lol...in 6 months or so I'll be directing the workflow, though I won't be out of programming completely

I've dabbled in my share of code over the years  ;)  Been a long time though

1 minute ago, Newbeeee™ said:

I know I shouldn't, but Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm really not trying to  make fun of anyone....but I have had the experience of having to support people who are "programmers" but have trouble with email, using a mouse or just basic computer literacy. Even when you get above that level, most people just want to point & click, make a program, post and send it to the machine.

Little late to the party on this but I'll add what we do.  We run Vericut which on a scale of 1-10 is an 11 in my opinion.  I also make it a habit to scroll through the entire program and confirm a consistent WCS when indexing.  That generally takes a minute or two and it is an SOP in my shop.  At the machine we typically run on G54 and we will set G55, 56, 57, etc...  to zeros for X, Y, Z, and B to the machine will generally throw an over travel alarm if one mistakenly gets posted.  For my HMCs the posts are hard coded to G54.  Lastly I tell my operators aren't standing at the machine for a front row seat to a crash or major mishap, they are there to prevent it.  When operators bring my a piece of stock with an end mill buried in it because of a rapid move they get an earful and that is exactly what I tell them.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JParis said:

I'm really not trying to  make fun of anyone....but I have had the experience of having to support people who are "programmers" but have trouble with email, using a mouse or just basic computer literacy. Even when you get above that level, most people just want to point & click, make a program, post and send it to the machine.

My dumazz business partner.... once deleted all customers from the network, and after I left deleted all technical info that was there (machine parameters, mastercam backups/posts etc - I was told this directory is still missing LoL). Also other files at other times were moved into other directories - which was a PITA hunt and find...although nothing was ever lost as I had everything backed up.

He had a habit of waking his screen from sleep by waving the mouse and left clicking (select) and hitting enter and escape and still waving the mouse before letting everything go when the screen woke.

If explorer was open (generally yes), directory/files had been selected, and launched into other sub folders or wiped. And emails sent to wrong people, or CC'd in when they shouldn't have been, sub progs not saved with main prog from the machine...etc etc etc... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, JParis said:

I had a deburr hand show up to a class and had never seen a computer before in his life. I showed him how to play Solitaire and that was what he did for 3 days. He said he was told to come since the limit was 4 people so the company was going to get their money's worth. He said when he got back he knew he was going back to the deburr to never touch it. I tried to get him interested, but he said no way he hated computers.

8 hours ago, xx4g said:

check out the source code for the propertyManager-AddIn chook featured  on github

I'm not sure displaying the view ID number (v_idn) is helpful.  I think the work offset (woff_n) is what you're after.

Aside from that, you're doing more work than you need to.  If you use an unordered_set as the container you won't need to check for duplicates.  You could also sort and uniquify your vector after adding the data to it.

Examples of both techniques on repl.it