Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Optical mouse wheel zoom issues...

Dontech

Good morning and happy Friday, everyone.

My old analog USB rubber-ball mouse finally gave up the ghost so I got a new Micro$oft wireless mouse from Supply this morning and installed it. Everything went smoothly and the mouse works just fine with all of the Windows 10 programs I've tried it on.  Not so with Mastercam 18, though; when I try to zoom in and out with the wheel, zooming out works just fine but it will not zoom back in so I have to hit screen-fit to get my geometry back on-screen. This is a major headache since I've grown so dependent upon that zooming feature. Like i say, the mouse works just fine in other applications so I've gotta think this is a Mastercam problem but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to fix it. I tried looking in File/Options, File/Configuration, and in the Win10 mouse settings but no joy. Anyone have any tips or advice? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thank you in advance.

i have seen that many times with Microsoft mice, very common problem with Microsoft brand mice but luckily its typically an easy fix. just download the latest driver or mouse microsoft mouse software and i believe that will fix it.

also if your mouse is one of the mice listed on this page https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034170 then i belive the microsoft keyboard and mouse center application has a setting specifically for mouse wheel issues, i remember helping someone else with this problem and there was like a setting in there for problems with mouse wheels and like a check box or something so if you have one of the microsoft mice that are listed on that page i linked above under the mice drop down then i believe the Microsoft mice and keyboard software has a setting in it that fixes the issue.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. I did that, didn't seem to help any. I found this thread from eMastercam here...

...that shows a solution which looks promising but when I tried it that "3DxSmartUI" app didn't come up in the list. Does anyone know where I can find that so I can add it to the list and select it?

3 minutes ago, Dontech said:

Thank you for the reply. I did that, didn't seem to help any. I found this thread from eMastercam here...

...that shows a solution which looks promising but when I tried it that "3DxSmartUI" app didn't come up in the list. Does anyone know where I can find that so I can add it to the list and select it?

should be the link on this page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4034170/which-devices-are-supported-by-microsoft-mouse-and-keyboard-center) called "microsoft mouse and keyboard center"

I have that. It initially wouldn't let me add Mastercam 18 as an app but now it does. Problem is, once I check the box next to the Mcam18 app in the list, nothing happens.

Oh, wait a minute...closed the M & K Center, closed Mcam, then reopened it and now the wheel zooms properly. Thanks again for your replies. 👍

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dontech said:

I have that. It initially wouldn't let me add Mastercam 18 as an app but now it does. Problem is, once I check the box next to the Mcam18 app in the list, nothing happens.

Oh, wait a minute...closed the M & K Center, closed Mcam, then reopened it and now the wheel zooms properly. Thanks again for your replies. 👍

ok great, glad its working. 

Hello.... My mouse wheel was successfully zooming in and out for me. I have an old Logitech MX500 optical mouse (wired) using the built-in Vista drivers from 2006, if that info helps you both at all.
As a possible fix, you could plug your mouse into a different USB port. That would at least make your computer do a fresh install of the mouse to that other USB port. It's worth a shot, anyway.