Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam corrupted, how to fix

Bob W.

Mastercam somehow got corrupted on my system and it crashes every time I open it.  Initially it said it was having issues with the config file, then the graphics card.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, not it will not open without crashing.  How do I do a COMPLETE uninstall so there are no remnants left?

Bob, did you try deleting the Mastercam.workspace file in the Config folder? Try that and the try to restart Mastercam. 

Have you given Mastercam full permission in Program files? That is one of the first things I do every time I install a new version of Mastercam. Even though you are admin you don't have full permissions to the folder until you manually go give them. 

6 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Have you given Mastercam full permission in Program files? That is one of the first things I do every time I install a new version of Mastercam. Even though you are admin you don't have full permissions to the folder until you manually go give them. 

Not sure.  How do I go about that?  We recently updated all of our systems to Windows 10 and did fresh installs and everything works fine.  This system was done the same as the rest.

7 minutes ago, Bob W. said:

Not sure.  How do I go about that?  We recently updated all of our systems to Windows 10 and did fresh installs and everything works fine.  This system was done the same as the rest.

Most IT people don't like this thinking they are giving full rights to the whole network. All this does is gives full permission to Mastercam for your user account.

image.thumb.png.6b213a7b7e710fe526f989171e75d1a9.png

The find your user name and click on all full control. 

image.png.e3c55af0708c971f7f4ffc1002892e80.png

Might ask about applying to all sub folder say yes. Then because as it will disappear in the background behind other windows. Close and then try to restart Mastercam. 

UGH!  It is definitely related to the latest Mastercam update.  I did a 100% clean install, reinstalled and it opened fine.  I just installed the latest update and I get the same error upon opening. 

error

mastercam has detected a problem with the display adapter and needs to shut down...

I just updated my graphics drivers for the 2080Ti graphics card so it isn't that.  How do I roll back an update?

1 minute ago, Bob W. said:

UGH!  It is definitely related to the latest Mastercam update.  I did a 100% clean install, reinstalled and it opened fine.  I just installed the latest update and I get the same error upon opening. 

error

mastercam has detected a problem with the display adapter and needs to shut down...

I just updated my graphics drivers for the 2080Ti graphics card so it isn't that.  How do I roll back an update?

You cannot roll back an update that I am aware of. You might try reinstalling the older one and see if that rolls it back for you. If not uninstall and reinstall is the only way I am aware of to do it. 

38 minutes ago, Greg Williams said:

I had this a few days ago, Windows 10 2004 was the culprit here, Mastercam 2021 RTM runs great, as soon as you install update 1 we had blue screens. The fix was to install the latest HASP drivers. Even if you use a software license you still need the HASP driver

Why I have paused updates for going on 3 months now.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:03 AM, Greg Williams said:

interestingly the upcoming OS build 19041.488 does not fix the HASP issue

The May 2004 update fixed the Hasp issue, even if they didn't get it done till late August

I've had no issues on either of my machines running hasp or nethasp

My 3rd party machine sims (Postability) are running fine as well

You should still update your hasp drivers, even if you are running a Codemeter license 

All Mastercam versions install hasp drivers whether they are needed or not and the issue is 

between Windows and the hasp drivers, not WIndows and Mastercam 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...

mastercam has detected a problem with the display adapter ('intel' :'Intel(R) HD Graphics ' : 2.1.0-Build 8.15.10.2900') and needs to shut down . Please modify the system settings to ensure Mastercam  is using the correct adapter! TENGO ESE PROBLEMA POR FAVOR SI ALGUIEN ME PUEDE AYUDAR!! DESDE YA GRACIAS!

Need to reach out to your dealer. Would need a lot of information and other things before I could even think about a way to help. Calling them will be your best bet.

#1 Have you updated your Video Drivers?

#2 Any recent Windows updates? If so roll back and reboot the computer. Don't restart it reboot it. Reboot means a complete power down and letting it sit for more than 30 seconds to clear out any caches if might be holding data in.

#3 Does the computer meet the Mastercam specifications? What is the computer's hardware?

52 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

#3 Does the computer meet the Mastercam specifications? What is the computer's hardware?

negative

('intel' :'Intel(R) HD Graphics ' : 2.1.0-Build 8.15.10.2900') 

I'm guessing a Windows update installed new graphics drivers and what used to barely work, doesn't work at all now

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 2/10/2024 at 10:38 AM, jesse_a_b said:

and the problem is the Mastercam unistall leaves a bunch of crap all over the place and all over the registry as well.

This is by design

The "crap" is your 2023 My Mastercam public and private files

You'll need those to migrate your 2023 default settings, operation settings and post processors to 2024.

Most people just install the new release then migrate the 2023 files to the new release.

I normally leave 3 releases on my machine