Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

show axes problem

tazbierek

I think its one of the last topic here because mastercam making me really angry, frustrating etc. 

I thought its gonna be better but for now i would chose work in my paper drawing than in mastercam, its horrible. 

Ok my laptop is msi GT72 6QE

24GB RAM DDR4

I7 6700HQ intel

Geforce gtx980M

Everything works fine. I have WCS tutorial. ihave to chose tplane and cplane, i canchange it but when i click on show axesmy laptop is dying, i cant do nothing.

I dont know what to do, i can change it without axes but clicking that makingmy laptop die. 

I hope there is somebody who can help me

Many laptops have 2 video cards

a lowball onboard card and a high end cad/cam or gaining card.

The idea is the laptop uses the onboard card for regular work to conserve battery power and the high end card only when it's needed.

From  your description of your problem I think you laptop is using the onboard card when you are running Mastercam.

You need to make sure the gaming card is being used when you are running Mastercam

Maybe you can add Mastercam to the game list or better yet, set the laptop to use the gaming card full time.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, tazbierek said:

I think its one of the last topic here because mastercam making me really angry, frustrating etc. 

I thought its gonna be better but for now i would chose work in my paper drawing than in mastercam, its horrible. 

24GB RAM DDR4

I7 6700HQ intel

Geforce gtx980M

Everything works fine. I have WCS tutorial. ihave to chose tplane and cplane, i canchange it but when i click on show axesmy laptop is dying, i cant do nothing.

I dont know what to do, i can change it without axes but clicking that makingmy laptop die. 

Who is your Reseller?

Your Mastercam Reseller would be your first point of contact. They have dedicated Tech Support staff who help their customers overcome these issues.

Your location says "United States". Where are you physically located?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Who is your Reseller?

Your Mastercam Reseller would be your first point of contact. They have dedicated Tech Support staff who help their customers overcome these issues.

Your location says "United States". Where are you physically located?

I'm thinking this is part of a training package, the cnc machine I bought came with the same wcs tutorial.

Just now, JParis said:

and he's on the main forum...so his legitimacy looks good...

Poor guy is just another in a long line of people let down by their places of employment

I think he's having an issue with the UI locking up, the fix we used for this issue on 2 occasions was a complete user account reset.

No idea what the cause is.

1 minute ago, content creator said:

I think he's having an issue with the UI locking up, the fix we used for this issue on 2 occasions was a complete user account reset.

No idea what the cause is.

Peter, that's just this thread....this guy is struggling becasue he got put into a situation by his boss and is let to flounder...

I have seen this too many times

• Like 1
Just now, JParis said:

Peter, that's just this thread....this guy is struggling becasue he got put into a situation by his boss and is let to flounder...

I have seen this too many times

This is the norm now, when I entered the biz, I took a course for Mastercam. 

It was subsidised by the government, not everyone has that opportunity, so I do my best to help..

9 hours ago, tazbierek said:

24GB RAM DDR4

I7 6700HQ intel

Geforce gtx980M

Try making a video with powerpoint and send it to qc, they will be better equipped to help you.

2 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:
3 hours ago, JParis said:

this guy is struggling becasue he got put into a situation by his boss and is let to flounder...

Nothing beats training and actual experience. 

Mastercam is easy, I was cutting parts in the machine my first week using the software, the mill tutorial book from in-house solution is good enough to learn on your own.

Hey guys, its Chicago. 

I thought that 

Im sure im using the right graphica card, 

I will be at work today and i will see if they can help me with that, i hope so but in fact i lost like 4 days looking and solving technical problems 

I found another problem

image.thumb.png.146b9b67f8f70a77ce06ae254fba019a.png

I have full and legal mastercam if u asking. 

In the top right corner in backplot options i cant see the play button, its avilable i can click play but he is hiden, when i put coursor on it its making 

image.thumb.png.d4a52f722cde3f6fc8b7991ff33ab3b7.png

I can see play button byt the rest disappear. 

I hope my boss will do something with that today.

Thank you guys for helping me and hope we gonna do something with that. 

Guys i fixed my problem, i called to my boss and he told my to try 1 thing. 

Go to advenced configurations---> graphic support--- hardware acceleration and here i have it disable. i change it for enable and everythins issue disappear like magic.

I have to say thank to you all. i hope now i can start to do something. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, tazbierek said:

Guys i fixed my problem, i called to my boss and he told my to try 1 thing. 

Go to advenced configurations---> graphic support--- hardware acceleration and here i have it disable. i change it for enable and everythins issue disappear like magic.

I have to say thank to you all. i hope now i can start to do something. 

Great news. We are here to help. Post up your questions.