Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G Code

tazbierek

Need to make sure you are using a 3 Axis Machine Definition. Save a copy of your machine definition then need to go into the Machine definition and delete the A Axis from it. 

FYI there is a search on the forum for questions like this. I want to say between the post forum and this one seen this question 20-30 times over the years. 

5 minutes ago, AHarrison1 said:

For the 1st part, make sure that when you are choosing your machine type that is 3-axis not 4- axis.

The tool number is pulled from the tool library, this can be changed either in your  tool parameter page

image.png.69c8b9ea90d6860580126d9b27012fda.png

or within your tool manager

image.png.2b7dfdff66e5dac02869e994eb546166.png

Good catch I missed that. The programmer can also double click on the tool in the operation and change it through there or they can right click on the tool and edit it in the operations page. They can also right click after they have made all the operations and change the tool numbers that way using renumber tools. Or a programmer can set them to be made incremental when added in the Machine Properties page. The programmer make that the default behavior by changing the default through the Control Definition for their machine, but that is getting really deep in the software. Lets get them walking before we make them run. 😉

1 hour ago, tazbierek said:

Thanks Guys and sorry for not searching forum i will do with my next question :)

No worries, just I happen to be working a large files that takes forever to do anything so in the waiting time I am answering questions, but other times like others I am knee deep in stuff and don't answer questions for hours, days or weeks.

7 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

No worries, just I happen to be working a large files that takes forever to do anything so in the waiting time I am answering questions, but other times like others I am knee deep in stuff and don't answer questions for hours, days or weeks.

Beer 🍺  for you :)

• Like 1
4 hours ago, deejflat said:

When I have this happen, its typically cause we are using a multi axis toolpath on a 3 axis machine.  If its at A0. we usually just delete it and don't have any problems.  A simple replace all and A0. into a simple space

I know but i dont want to do that alll the time

• Like 1