Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis Mach3 reposition problem

scsi

Hi everyone!

I have a B, C axis limit problem on head head 5 axis Mach3 router. In milling 5 axis fine surface with flat end mill, when it goes to upper limit in C axis, it just stops in material and start spinning head for 180 degree. That spinning is fine, but in some safe distance, not in material. It is making a big circle on surface which must be perfect clean. Worst thing is that rotation isn't in simulation, so I don't know exact points where it will be spinning around. Is there any solution to make a command inside operation to go to safe distance before start aligning it's axis?

Thanks for your help!

Where did you get your post from? Who is your Mastercam dealer? When you showed them this example what was their response to the unwind process going on? Share your company information or company email so you can be verified as a legal user of Mastercam and someone will be glad to assist. Sorry we have had many illegal users lately and part of the user vetting for me is to verify your legit.

12 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Where did you get your post from? Who is your Mastercam dealer? When you showed them this example what was their response to the unwind process going on? Share your company information or company email so you can be verified as a legal user of Mastercam and someone will be glad to assist. Sorry we have had many illegal users lately and part of the user vetting for me is to verify your legit.

Hi crazy millman!

This is a homemade CNC machine. I am new in this and I am looking for software most compatible to my machine. It is Mach3 5 axis head head machine for making sculptures and souvenirs. I have generic Fanuc 5 axis head head post which is as far the best solution till now. If it is possible to modify it just to go to safety distance before aligning c axis, it would be perfect. In that case I will close my decision for buying this CADCAM software.

40 minutes ago, scsi said:

Hi crazy millman!

This is a homemade CNC machine. I am new in this and I am looking for software most compatible to my machine. It is Mach3 5 axis head head machine for making sculptures and souvenirs. I have generic Fanuc 5 axis head head post which is as far the best solution till now. If it is possible to modify it just to go to safety distance before aligning c axis, it would be perfect. In that case I will close my decision for buying this CADCAM software.

and how do you know the post is close if you don't have software?

Curious how you're testing that

1 hour ago, scsi said:

Hi crazy millman!

Yes it is possible. Buy the Software and your become legal and get support. I personally spent my own money on this software and feed my family using it. People using it illegally hurt everyone.