Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help in Mcosmos Probe Data Management

rachel99

I noticed after I done the probe calibration, the probe data font color turn black from red. However, when I load another sets of probe data (from archive folder), which was previously done by Mitutoyo technician, his data is in red color. I'm not sure what has gone wrong in the probe calibration. Why my probe data color is not red? Can any kind soul enlighten me?

I attached two screenshots of the probe data, one displayed in red and the other one in black.

Data in Black.jpg

Data in Red.jpg

Well wouldn't one be the factory defaults thus they are in RED and the others are the ones you just measures that would be different and in BLACK showing they are current ones. I am thinking the reasoning behind this might be due to temperature and other environmental differences from what the technician set and what you have done should be different and the red is like the gold standard when everything is perfect and black is when things have changed or are different. When in doubt through up known like DO Blocks and Ring Gagues and measure them with the new calibration. If the check correctly then you have just answered your own question to know what you know by proving what you know. Anyone has an issue with that then tell them to get you the proper training so you don't have to guess and try to figure it out on your own or using a Mastercam forum that has nothing to do with inspection.

Hopefully that is helpful, but that is just me throwing darts at a dart board blind folded and facing the wrong way in the dark.

I pulled in my CMM programmer to answer this one, since we run MCOSMOS.  He told me that the software will flag the probes if they haven't been calibrated in over a week (default value).  If you look at the calibration dates on the imported probes they are over a month old.  The default length of time can be set in the program manager.  The color the probes turn depends on the length of time since probe calibration.

I will be asking a lot of questions in the next few months for the new lathe and I will do what I can to return the favor.

• Like 1

Also, regarding MCOSMOS...  If you haven't had training on it I highly recommend it.  CMM software is generally not very user friendly and it would be a real pain to try and figure it out on your own, not to mention the risk of mistakes and shipping non conforming parts because they weren't inspected properly or datums were moving because they weren't set up right.  Spend the $$$ and it will pay itself back quickly.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Bob W. said:

Also, regarding MCOSMOS...  If you haven't had training on it I highly recommend it.  CMM software is generally not very user friendly and it would be a real pain to try and figure it out on your own, not to mention the risk of mistakes and shipping non conforming parts because they weren't inspected properly or datums were moving because they weren't set up right.  Spend the $$$ and it will pay itself back quickly.

Take it for what it is worth, but he owns a business and that means he spent the money out of his own pocket to get his people trained. If a business owner thinks it is a good idea that should mean something to your management team.

• Thanks 1