Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Safety code for mill-turn?

Bob W.

I'm still in the process of getting our new mill turn (DMG-MORI NTX2000) dialed and I was curious what others typically include in their safety code line.  Things like putting the machine in inch mode, X-Y plane, cancel cutter comp, cancel TCP, absolute mode, etc...  I would love to hear what people consider to be a must in the mill-turn program header to make sure the machine will not kick off a program in some crazy mode.  I figure by December we will really have this humming along.

I guess another aspect of this is what would be the specific differences in the safety code for upper and lower turret programs.

2 hours ago, Bob W. said:

I'm still in the process of getting our new mill turn (DMG-MORI NTX2000) dialed and I was curious what others typically include in their safety code line.  Things like putting the machine in inch mode, X-Y plane, cancel cutter comp, cancel TCP, absolute mode, etc...  I would love to hear what people consider to be a must in the mill-turn program header to make sure the machine will not kick off a program in some crazy mode.  I figure by December we will really have this humming along.

I guess another aspect of this is what would be the specific differences in the safety code for upper and lower turret programs.

Bob typical sync codes Cancel codes. Other than that really going to come down to the type of work you are doing. Bar work with a feeder is one method, Part Piece, Fixture mounted, transfer, double transfer or triple transfer and then starting the right and transferring back to the left. Will you be doing a lot of pinch milling and pinch turning? Material not as much of a consideration, but material will have some part in how you go about your process. I think you are looking at it correctly, I went into one place years ago and after about 9 months of struggles I got their 3 MULTUS machines up and running, but it took about 6 months of getting all the parts they wanted programmed and proven out. They hired someone for internal control and I moved on to other machines and areas.