Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify not working

Elmer Fudd

2 hours ago, Elmer Fudd said:

I got a new computer and when I go to verify I get a error saying "An unknown error has occurred" right off the bat. Has anybody experienced this?

Usually just restart Mastercam, I get that error often enough.

It has been broken from the beta releases of 2021. I have sent several bug reports about this to QC but it is still there.

This happens so often that sometimes in a simple part I just create stock model from the operation and check if there is any problems.

Restarting all open Mastercam sessions fix it for a moment..

1 hour ago, Elmer Fudd said:

1687963016_minsysreq.PNG.a94ea51c4adf4a73bf2e8ad931d61df0.PNG

Oh you're not planning on do really work that system are you? Just surfing the internet and playing some games right? Sorry for being a smart arse, but I wouldn't even think of using Windows 10 without 16gb of memory just to do daily tasks. What is the video card on that machine and need to get up to 32gb of memory quick as possible. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:06 PM, Elmer Fudd said:

I'm retiring at the end of the year so this is temporary. They wanted to replace my computer because it ran windows 7. I begged them to wait till the end of the year but they said no. We are just pee-ons down here in the shop so we only need hand me down computers.

Might try turning off the Acceleration performance in the advanced settings. 

1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

I have told people to make sure they have a 5 Axis machine loaded in the Simulator. I see it from time to time and not got a good answer as to the why and how.

If your machine is broken it also wont run.

• 4 months later...

Don't know if this thread is still relevant, but I am experiencing this same problem. I only noticed it when I switched to 2021. I am using the exact same hardware

as I did with the previous two versions. Like others, the crash comes and goes intermittently with the familiar, "An unknown error has occurred" . As of lately

it seems to be more and more frequent.  I started a ticket with my reseller and was told the fix is to rename my part file and it should fix it.      O.K.......????

I renamed the part file, and went straight to Verify and it worked !!!       What the .....?????

I restarted 2021 under the newly renamed part file went straight to Verify and it crashed again.

So I renamed the part file again for the second time and  again went straight to Verify and it worked.  I repeated this insanity several times to make sure it was not a fluke.

In conclusion,  Verify works (AFTER) it crashes  if you rename your part file during that session and do not close MC.  That is my experience on my hardware.

My reseller has sent the complaint up the chain to CNC Software.