Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Can't uncheck A Axis in Axis Combos - Bug?

kunfuzed

So Idk what the best way to do it is, but I used to use one machine def and one post for both 3 and 4 axis output. (Generic Haas VF 4x)  Anyways, let's say I had OP1 was a 3x operation, and OP2 was a 4x operation, I would have these both in the same machine group so the tool manager was common to both.  When I would post the 3x or 4 axis, I would go into the Toolpath manager > Files > Edit! > Axis Combinations, and simply uncheck my A axis.  I can no longer seem to do that in 2021. Also I notice the big green check mark is greyed out.  What gives?  And how do you go about switching 3 to 4 axis, while sharing the same tool library?  Thanks!

EDIT: My reseller wants me to use a seperate 3x machine def and post and a seperate 4x def and post, with a different machine group as well.  I don't want to do this, and feel it's more file management than necessary.

image.thumb.png.29e4941c593a0abe326a9c5f4ad5512d.png

On 9/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, kunfuzed said:

So Idk what the best way to do it is, but I used to use one machine def and one post for both 3 and 4 axis output. (Generic Haas VF 4x)  Anyways, let's say I had OP1 was a 3x operation, and OP2 was a 4x operation, I would have these both in the same machine group so the tool manager was common to both.  When I would post the 3x or 4 axis, I would go into the Toolpath manager > Files > Edit! > Axis Combinations, and simply uncheck my A axis.  I can no longer seem to do that in 2021. Also I notice the big green check mark is greyed out.  What gives?  And how do you go about switching 3 to 4 axis, while sharing the same tool library?  Thanks!

EDIT: My reseller wants me to use a seperate 3x machine def and post and a seperate 4x def and post, with a different machine group as well.  I don't want to do this, and feel it's more file management than necessary.

image.thumb.png.29e4941c593a0abe326a9c5f4ad5512d.png

The other option is to make a new Axis Combination and should be able to pick it and have the operation output like you want.

• Like 1

Oh yeah!  That makes even more sense!

1 minute ago, crazy^millman said:

The other option is to make a new Axis Combination and should be able to pick it and have the operation output like you want.

image.png

Oh yeah, that makes even more sense!  Just out of curiosity, how do you handle a 3x and 4x operation both in the same machine group?  I assume you have something better than switching the axis combos each time you post like I'm trying to do?

Just now, kunfuzed said:

Oh yeah!  That makes even more sense!

Oh yeah, that makes even more sense!  Just out of curiosity, how do you handle a 3x and 4x operation both in the same machine group?  I assume you have something better than switching the axis combos each time you post like I'm trying to do?

I was adding the screen shot to the posting and you beat me to seeing what to do in the Operations to control this.

17 minutes ago, kunfuzed said:

Cool, I'll have to play around.  I may not be on the same page yet.  Should I be setting the appropriate axis combos in each toolpath, as apposed to at the file level of the machine group?

Yes that is how you control it using Axis Combination in each operation. The trick is to have the Axis Combination defined in your MMD to be able to pick them.

• Like 1