Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

slow moving

HEAVY METAL

I know  if a part file is large it might take awhile to open in mastercam 2021. 

My issue is every file takes long to open up .  

Now my files are off a server so I get that might be most of the problem  but I don't know if that's  what my case is. 

Anytime i switch to a new window in side mastercam it drags . Example would be editing tool parameters . It takes way to long to open up . 

MY question is that maybe I got something not optimized in my mastercam settings that is slowing everything down  is it my computer . 

Does anyone think my setup is outdated .

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

NVIDIA Quadro K4200

32 gig memory 

SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series ATA Device

Hoo boy, that's old. I have a 2600K in an old engineering station and I definitely struggle with keeping drivers/software in line.

As to the file open times, a quick test- Bring one of your larger files local- throw it on your desktop, and open it from there. Then open it from the server location. Time both. Are there massive differences in open time? If so, it's time to talk to your IT department about how to improve retrieval time from the server.

• Like 1
On 9/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, Chally72 said:

Hoo boy, that's old. I have a 2600K in an old engineering station and I definitely struggle with keeping drivers/software in line.

As to the file open times, a quick test- Bring one of your larger files local- throw it on your desktop, and open it from there. Then open it from the server location. Time both. Are there massive differences in open time? If so, it's time to talk to your IT department about how to improve retrieval time from the server.

Yes,

I tried same file from  server and from desktop   129,000kb and about 10s longer off server .     one minute 10s  to open . That seems way to long . Even a smaller files take 50s to open .

I assume these open times are with Mastercam already started, and not double-clicking on a file and starting a new instance of Mastercam. 

1:00 for a 129mb file might be a realistic number for 10 year old hardware. One good way to get more data points to compare against is to take a look at this Benchmark thread, run the test, and browse through other results.