Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

machsim 45deg knuckle hoz 5x

jwvt88

190611615_makino5x.jpg.d332cc46b72d1d67c2ad289d8effaec0.jpg

Hey guys, have a new machine supposed to be coming in a few months. Makino a500z. Trying to get ahead on the simulation on it, and get ahead on switching up some programs from vertical 5x machine to the horizontal, and make sure everything works appropriately. However, I can't quite figure out how to get the B axis to rotate as such in the photo. Haven't come across a informational video on youtube to help either. Anyone have experience in MC with this yet?

1 hour ago, jwvt88 said:

190611615_makino5x.jpg.d332cc46b72d1d67c2ad289d8effaec0.jpg

Hey guys, have a new machine supposed to be coming in a few months. Makino a500z. Trying to get ahead on the simulation on it, and get ahead on switching up some programs from vertical 5x machine to the horizontal, and make sure everything works appropriately. However, I can't quite figure out how to get the B axis to rotate as such in the photo. Haven't come across a informational video on youtube to help either. Anyone have experience in MC with this yet?

That is a Nutating Table and I would reach out to one of the 3rd party people and have them build that tied to the Post and call ti a day. Without a Post controlling it not sure how well standard machine sim will support it. 

Just now, jwvt88 said:

put these in and it works fine. 

It won't

a machsim that is not tied to a post is, while not useless, is only a step above reading the gcode.

You will find moves it makes that aren't in the code and you will find things at the machine that aren't shown in machsim

untied it's a band-aid and when the day comes that the band-aid gets ripped off, and it will, it's gonna hurt

Just now, JParis said:

It won't

a machsim that is not tied to a post is, while not useless, is only a step above reading the gcode.

You will find moves it makes that aren't in the code and you will find things at the machine that aren't shown in machsim

untied it's a band-aid and when the day comes that the band-aid gets ripped off, and it will, it's gonna hurt

Unfortunately, I don't have much of a choice, my hands are tied. My company isn't willing to put money into things like that. I've been pushing CAV hard for the last year and it hasn't gotten me anywhere. We're still swapping hasps between users for 5x key. Can't get productivity+. Attempting to standardize tooling is nearly a lost cause. They tell us it's our area and we can do what we want - I guess that's true provided it doesn't cost any money. This is better than flying by the seat of our pants, like when I started. Post a 6 hour program for a Variaxis, using a post not made for a Variaxis, and have the operator come in 10 times hitting soft limits.