Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

YCM 5 Axis Fanuc Post

akuser

Hello,

I got problem with my post for YCM 5 axis machine. I got the post from Postability Inc, and I have edit a little bit for adding some reset code.

This is what I have added to the post to let them add follow code to NC file

(T24  - 1/8 FLAT ENDMILL     - H24  - D24  - D0.1250")
G00 G17 G20 G40 G80 G90
G69
G91 G28 Z0.
G28 X0. Y0.
M26
M28
G90 A0. C0.
N24
(ROUGH SWAFT RIGHT)
()
N25 T24 M06(1/8 FLAT ENDMILL)
G00 G17 G20 G40 G80 G90
G69
G91 G28 Z0.
G28 X0. Y0.
M26
M28
G90 A0. C0.
G54 G17 G90
G68.2 X0. Y0. Z0. I225.068 J88.653 K0.
G53.1

And here is my problem they use G43.4 Hx Snnnn M03 That code not let spindle run

G05.1 Q1
G43.4 H24 Z8.38 S4500 M03 M08
X-.7284 Y.8181 Z8.3668
X-.4453 Y.5357 Z8.3574

How do I edit the post to split it like

G05.1 Q1
S4500 M03
G43.4 H24 Z8.38 M08
X-.7284 Y.8181 Z8.3668
X-.4453 Y.5357 Z8.3574

Spindle will run with that code when I split Sxxxx M03 before or after G43.4

Thank you in advance

Best Regard

15 minutes ago, JParis said:

I would highly recommend sending it back and letting them handle the updates

If you ever have to go back at a later date, your updates will be lost as they don't have them

We bough this post same time with machine. at that time we just run 3+2 with no problem. And now every 5 axis toolpath (swaf, curve, deburr....) have that problem.

Our time for update has been expired :(

Have you tried setting the Coolant Options to "After" for your Coolant Settings? I'm guessing you are using the default "With" setting, which is outputting the Coolant On Code on the same line as the Spindle Start.

So, change the setting inside the Operation, rather than editing the Post.

Pro Tip: You can select "all your toolpath operations", right-click > Edit Selected Operations > Edit Common Parameters. Then, use the "Coolant" option to edit the coolant settings for your entire program through this function.

I would highly recommend you also do the following:

• Open your "Operation Defaults File", and perform a "Replace" on the Machine Definition inside that file. Replace the "Mill Default", with "Your 'machine definition file'".
  • Once the MD has been replaced, Edit the Coolant Settings for each 'Operation Type'. Set the option to use "After" for each Coolant Setting in the MD. (Again, Edit Common Parameters is pretty sweet for this.)
  • Do the same two steps above for the "Operation Library" file, if you and/or your other programmers, import operations from the Ops Library.
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

Have you tried setting the Coolant Options to "After" for your Coolant Settings? I'm guessing you are using the default "With" setting, which is outputting the Coolant On Code on the same line as the Spindle Start.

So, change the setting inside the Operation, rather than editing the Post.

Pro Tip: You can select "all your toolpath operations", right-click > Edit Selected Operations > Edit Common Parameters. Then, use the "Coolant" option to edit the coolant settings for your entire program through this function.

I would highly recommend you also do the following:

• Open your "Operation Defaults File", and perform a "Replace" on the Machine Definition inside that file. Replace the "Mill Default", with "Your 'machine definition file'".
  • Once the MD has been replaced, Edit the Coolant Settings for each 'Operation Type'. Set the option to use "After" for each Coolant Setting in the MD. (Again, Edit Common Parameters is pretty sweet for this.)
  • Do the same two steps above for the "Operation Library" file, if you and/or your other programmers, import operations from the Ops Library.

Thank you Colin Gilchrist,

But my post do not have that option (Before, With and After) when chose coolant :(. But my 3axis MPFAN post have it.

I am confused about replace Operation Defaults File with Machine Definition file. Will take a look at it tonight to see If I can made it.

Thank you for your advice 

Best Regard