Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to Become a Post Developer

mayu

21 hours ago, byte said:

I am sure if he continues to learn he will get to that level. Besides, it is normal to have standard code you draw on when creating a program.

I don't create all the code I use in my program, Cnc Software makes most of the functions i use then I apply them, however, I wouldn't say I don't write my code.

When I started to learn c++ I dislike the concepts oop suchs as namespaces classes and inheritance, today i use all of these feautures and more to make my code more maintainable and readable..

Sometimes being told something is the right way is less powerful than learning the hard way why it is right, or wrong.

I hope he does get to that level since he has some really good ideas on things for error checking I have never seen before.

It is not a matter of being told something isn't right. It is a matter I have seen many questions that prove it is the wrong way to go about it time and time again. We have given the correct process to overcome this problem yet they are not applied. Hard to keep helping someone who keeps edging closer and closer in the wrong direction. I am hard headed and have learned plenty of lesson the hard way, but once I stop and listen to more experienced knowledge people than myself on things I learn a good deal.

On 2/12/2022 at 2:22 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

This is where is gets really weird for me Steven, because I respect you, but we had maybe 10-12 sessions together at the most. I have no doubt that you spent 30 weekends in-a-row working on your Post, but not all of that time was spent with me.

Like I mentioned: you should view my MP 101 Videos & MP 301 Videos on YouTube. There is a bunch of content up there which I still believe would be really beneficial to you...

Colin,
   I went over the payments, I know that I learned from you about 3-4 hours per day and some 6 hours.  We have nearly 30 payments.  

On 2/13/2022 at 9:32 AM, byte said:

I am sure if he continues to learn he will get to that level. Besides, it is normal to have standard code you draw on when creating a program.

I don't create all the code I use in my program, Cnc Software makes most of the functions i use then I apply them, however, I wouldn't say I don't write my code.

When I started to learn c++ I dislike the concepts oop suchs as namespaces classes and inheritance, today i use all of these feautures and more to make my code more maintainable and readable..

Sometimes being told something is the right way is less powerful than learning the hard way why it is right, or wrong.

Knowing C language helps a lot in understanding how the Mcam posts work. That and reading comprehension. I learned a lot by making a single change, reposting to see the effect, and then tweaking until I get what I want.

• Like 2
On 2/16/2022 at 10:51 AM, PcRobotic said:

Colin,
   I went over the payments, I know that I learned from you about 3-4 hours per day and some 6 hours.  We have nearly 30 payments.  

Imagine if you put that much concern into using Machine and Control definitions with Mastercam correctly how much easier your post and the process would work as a whole.

• Haha 1