Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Corrupted tools

Smit

Just now, Smit said:

Alright, I've never seen this before.

I'm working on a big mold file and when I try to open it in a new Mastercam window it tells me I have a whole bunch of corrupted tools.

Any idea what might have caused it?

Is there any way to recover it?

TIA.

I have sent the tooldb to CNC and they have been able to fix it. The other thing is try making a new machine group in the file and copy the operations from group into the new group and see if that works. I have saved the tools out into a new tooldb and opened that up before and that has fixed it the couple times i have run into this over the years. Maybe had this happened 5 time in the last 10 years.

• Like 1

I have gotten this from older files that I have opened in 2017 and higher.  Releases before 2017 had a habit of having to be repaired a lot, and I think this was because of tools and tooldb that got corrupted over time.  Sometimes still, when I open a file that my coworker made, I still have to replace a certain 3/4" end mill in his file with one from my tooldb in order to get it to work.

Brent

• Like 1
On 9/30/2020 at 4:57 PM, Smit said:

Alright, I've never seen this before.

I'm working on a big mold file and when I try to open it in a new Mastercam window it tells me I have a whole bunch of corrupted tools.

Any idea what might have caused it?

Is there any way to recover it?

TIA.

I get them also. I just hit no and have had no issues. They either fix themselves or it's a false alarm.

43 minutes ago, Tim Johnson said:

I get them also. I just hit no and have had no issues. They either fix themselves or it's a false alarm.

The tool paths seem to work just fine so I'm not sure what's corrupted about them. It's just an annoyance I guess.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:00 PM, crazy^millman said:

I have saved the tools out into a new tooldb and opened that up before and that has fixed it

This is what I did and it fixed the annoying error message.

Thanks for all the replies! :cheers:

• Like 1