Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NX to mastercam transition help please

ferd101

Hi all, I'm transitioning to Mastercam from NX. 

Anyone familiar with both : In NX when you zoom the visual quality of the graphics will degrade, (sorry cannot think of a better term), i.e. an arc will appear to become s series of lines. In NX there's a graphics regenerate function that restores the graphics. I'm finding Mastercam suffers the same behavior but I cannot find a regenerate type function. I'm currently using X7 but we're supposed to mirgrate to 2020 shortly, (the lathe guy is using 2020).

Any and all help/comments/sarcasm welcomed, (please keep the sarcasm to a min)

Regards, Ferd101

3 minutes ago, ferd101 said:

(please keep the sarcasm to a min)

1st time here, huh?

:D

Look in the config, it's in a different place in X7 but you're looking for "Chord Height"  tighten that up...you'll have to shut down and restart for it to take

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I've got experience with NX 9 and NX 10, and have used Mastercam for going on 20 years.

There is a Command Finder on the Main Ribbon Bar. Look for "regenerate display list". That will refresh not only the screen, but what entities are supposed to be displayed.

Regen Display List will not change the Chord Display Tolerance though. NX will kind of 'auto-scale' the Chord Tol when you Zoom. Not so with Mastercam, you have to manually change the Chord Tol and Regen the Display List.

Screen Repaint will redraw the entities on the Screen, but I prefer Regenerate Display List. Also, that command is not on a Toolbar by default. So I add it to my Home Ribbon for easy access.