Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Whats up with Modify Offset in 2021

ujmujm

You are absolutely correct, I was waiting for someone to point that out, I figured that out when I first started using MC2021 and those boxes were unchecked it sent the entity to level 5 but the level on the tab that you are referring to was 6 and was unchecked. I find those changes they did in 2021 unproductive and  very frustrating, Transform, rotate for example very frustrating.

1 hour ago, ujmujm said:

You are absolutely correct, I was waiting for someone to point that out, I figured that out when I first started using MC2021 and those boxes were unchecked it sent the entity to level 5 but the level on the tab that you are referring to was 6 and was unchecked. I find those changes they did in 2021 unproductive and  very frustrating, Transform, rotate for example very frustrating.

Not sure what you think I or anyone else can do about it. I see it when that is checked and I don't see it when that is not checked. It seems to be resolved in Update 2 on my end of sticking which was a pain.

59 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

No worries and you have every right not to like some of the changes. I can show you my Outlook folder to CNC Software that goes back 10 years and I have emails in my gmail going back 17 years ago.

Hey Ron Don't you think its about time to start at the top of your list and resubmit them all until youve gone thru them all and see if we can get some of those items resolved ???

:coffee:

• Haha 1
57 minutes ago, CADCAM3D5AXIS said:

Hey Ron Don't you think its about time to start at the top of your list and resubmit them all until youve gone thru them all and see if we can get some of those items resolved ???

Good thing is a majority of them have been. :clap:

I am just a pack-rat about certain things and learned holding on a business card I had from 19 years ago just helped me in many ways. :whistle::whistle: I have emails and other information going back over 30 years and I have needed to prove my case more than once doing what I do. It is becoming more and more necessary to keep digital information even on the most obscure stuff just never know when it might come in handy.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Good thing is a majority of them have been. :clap:

I am just a pack-rat about certain things and learned holding on a business card I had from 19 years ago just helped me in many ways. :whistle::whistle: I have emails and other information going back over 30 years and I have needed to prove my case more than once doing what I do. It is becoming more and more necessary to keep digital information even on the most obscure stuff just never know when it might come in handy.

I Agree Ron you never know when you make contact with someone that you come back in contact with in this Industry after a few decades that you have crossed paths in each others travels  and when you dig into it The Networks that get updated are sometimes if not most times very useful  to you and others.  Hard copies of Business cards are good  ways to stir up old friends and make new ones.

Mine will do this occasionally if the line(contour) is an awkward shape. It just won't do it or it will offset 3/4 of it but not part going into a corner. Very frustrating. Sometimes if I change the distance from like .1 to .999 or 1.001 it will fix it, sometimes not. Good thing there's always another way to achieve the goal. 

Edit: Also, if the chain is "3D" it can effect this, need to project them flat, or draw them in 2D, helps resolve issues. 

• Like 1