Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Locked stock models

So not a Guru

1 hour ago, So not a Guru said:

Do you mean converting to a pmesh, or is there a way to save the stock model itself?

Yes that is what I mean. Convert to a Pmesh and then pick that the new reference model for the stock model operation you just saved it out of. Now anything linked after it will still be linked, but anything before it will not be. Any operations you had as source need to be removed. There trick Ben taught me it to use the control and click to pick one and then to unpick that one and now the stock model has no reference operation to define it, but it like you had it originally.

Edited by crazy^millman
added context
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Yes that is what I mean. Convert to a Pmesh and then pick that the new reference model for the stock model operation you just saved it out of. Now anything linked after it will still be linked, but anything before it will not be.

Yes, that is how I often do it as well.

• 5 weeks later...

Crazy mill man,  you keep refer to saving to pmesh and to a level.  Ive tried  the save stock to pmesh...nothing happens.. i also dont see anywhere that  gives me  options to save to a level then i can delete the toolpath and not have dirty operations  the monent i change a simple perameter

11 hours ago, megaman said:

Crazy mill man,  you keep refer to saving to pmesh and to a level.  Ive tried  the save stock to pmesh...nothing happens.. i also dont see anywhere that  gives me  options to save to a level then i can delete the toolpath and not have dirty operations  the monent i change a simple perameter

On the Ribbon is the in Milling Group is the Model Section. Under Stock Model is the Dropdown Convert to Pmesh. That will save the Pmesh to the active level. The other option is to right click on the stock model and then Milling Toolpaths at the Top and the scroll to Stock Model Convert to Pmesh and save it that way. That requires a good and clean stock model. If it is dirty not going to work. Then once you have that you can create a new stock model from that Pmesh. Make sure you are not using planes for this process. I have seen some weird things happen when planes are used which is the default.