Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How can Mastercam 9.1 be acquired legally? or can it?

ronadie

2 hours ago, ronadie said:

How can one get a legal version of Mastercam 9.1?    

The current version is Mastercam 2021, buying a new seat of Mastercam would unlock that version and some of the older versions, but not as far back as 9.1....

If you have old files built in 9.1 it may be possible to upgrade the files.

V9 still  launches on my employer's nethasp on Win 10 machines

I have never tried to work with it nor would I want to. 

I'm sure there would be deal breaking graphics issues 

If you have a current hasp and installed it on a Win XP machine, V9 might launch but doubt it

would be useable.

1 hour ago, gcode said:

I'm sure there would be deal breaking graphics issues

Shouldn't be, the old opengl versions still exist, I could build a game targeting the original opengl 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0 etc, I imagine 9.1 would still be using the Fixed function pipeline 

I am fairly sure the .net graphics packaged with winforms have not been revamped in modern opengl

1 minute ago, byte me said:

Shouldn't be, the old opengl versions still exist, I could build a game targeting the original opengl 1.0 or 2.0 or 3.0 etc, I imagine 9.1 would still be using the Fixed function pipeline 

It's dead, let it die...

There are HASP issues, video issues, hardware/software issues...

People can get it to launch on a Nethasp,  There's a legend that some of have gotten a Hasp to run but it's just that a legend....even if you can get it to run it's dodgey at best.

Let it die

19 hours ago, nickbe10 said:

Not sure they wanted to pay for it....

V9 was a highly pirated version

22 hours ago, JParis said:

It's dead, let it die...

There are HASP issues, video issues, hardware/software issues...

People can get it to launch on a Nethasp,  There's a legend that some of have gotten a Hasp to run but it's just that a legend....even if you can get it to run it's dodgey at best.

Let it die

my hasp goes back to V7, I can run V9 on a older computer but only use it when i needed to convert some really old files

14 minutes ago, htm01 said:

my hasp goes back to V7, I can run V9 on a older computer but only use it when i needed to convert some really old files

I think you can upgrade V9 files from X5 or X6 (I could be wrong but I seem to remember upgrading a load of V9 files when I first came here and I think we were on X5 or X6). You might still be able to download those from CNC.

Problem might be loading out of sequence, that is if you are loading over a newer version . If you have an old laptop you can use for this purpose it might save some trouble, and it doesn't have to be terribly powerful just to do file updates.

3 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

I think you can upgrade V9 files from X5 or X6 (I could be wrong but I seem to remember upgrading a load of V9 files when I first came here and I think we were on X5 or X6). You might still be able to download those from CNC.

Problem might be loading out of sequence, that is if you are loading over a newer version . If you have an old laptop you can use for this purpose it might save some trouble, and it doesn't have to be terribly powerful just to do file updates.

X5 will open V9 i still keep V5 for that purpose but I needed V9 to open V7, I have thousands of files that we used to repair molds from

36 minutes ago, htm01 said:

X5 will open V9 i still keep V5 for that purpose but I needed V9 to open V7, I have thousands of files that we used to repair molds from

Yep, I remember my reseller contacted me last year and warned me that if I wanted to download X3(?) I would be able to upgrade V7 files....last chance....still might be easier to get a copy of X3.

15 minutes ago, nickbe10 said:

Yep, I remember my reseller contacted me last year and warned me that if I wanted to download X3(?) I would be able to upgrade V7 files....last chance....still might be easier to get a copy of X3.

i even had some V3 files that i needed the geometry from

• 2 weeks later...

Spare me your indignation....below sent to me via PM.....

Yes , it is written , do  not defraud your neighbor by any means, also, thou shalt not steal.   

The situation brother is that I accepted Christ 25 years ago, and quickly cleansed some ill gotten gains from my possession. 

regarding this software, no, I did not steal it, The previous, , cnc operator/programmer did, n longer with the company,   and lied to me that it was legal.

now, my situation is this, by necessity, I've had to learn to run the cnc machine/and some gcode, however mastercam program is beyond me. If we need to get programming/mastercam work done, it's done by an outside source.

my only ambition has been to perhaps learn how use mastercam, and using the version already installed, and with the old hardware seemed the wisest choice, however, the software being stolen, I have not bothered to learn it.   

regarding mastercam, i've already been in touch with the mastercam  compliance office and a reseller, and officers of my little company. 

I came in to this forum seeking advice and counsel, at it is also written,.  in the counsel of many is wisdom.  

so maybe you should send a private message, before you publicly accuse people.   Maybe you should pony up the money and publicly apologize.  

the title and the aim of all activity, has been to find the options to make this situation right.
this is a situation i've landed in, not created.
and yes, if there is no christian conscience, why should  i care?
I could simply learn and use the software without guilt....so what is your point exactly?
and what suggestions do you offer given the situation...
and  lastly are you a born again christian.... 

Your company has a responsibility to use legal software.

Full Stop.

Blaming a cracked copy of V9.1 on the "previous programmer", is denying this responsibility. The owner of the company needs to buy a legal license of Mastercam. That is the proper way to fix your dilemma. Especially, since you claim to have many files that were generated in Mastercam V9.1. Every single NC Program, that was created with that illegal license, is a violation of the law.

You can certainly remedy this buy purchasing a legal license of Mastercam. Once you've obtained a legal license, you would then be in compliance with the law if you were to update any of your older files to new.

I'm directly challenging some of your "deflections and excuses". You claim "I could simply learn and use the software without guilt".

This statement directly implies that you still have access to an illegal copy of Mastercam (Pirated version). My point is that once you are a legal Mastercam user, I would welcome you with open arms. You'll find I'm one of the first members (generally) to try and offer solutions to a Mastercam user's challenges. However, I cannot condone the use of pirated software. You should understand; the issue is highly personal to me. I have worked for CNC Software previously as a Post Processing Engineer, so I know the people who work there and their families. The money they earn from selling Mastercam is what feeds them and puts a roof over their heads. Many of the people at CNC Software I consider to be personal friends. So I hope you can see, that this issue directly effects people I know, in the real world. I've also had the privilege of using Mastercam for over 20 years, and it has had a tremendous impact on my career; because it is such a powerful tool that is easy to use. It has allowed me to generate incredibly complex NC Code, to machine complex Aerospace components, but it has also made the simplest of components as well with ease. I'm blessed to stand on the shoulders of giants. And while I'm incredibly privileged and lucky, I've also worked very very hard to learn as much as I possibly could about manufacturing in general, and Mastercam in-particular.

That's my only point: I want to help everyone who comes on this forum, but we also do our part to verify that every user, is a legal user. Typically, we'll ask for a Mastercam Hasp number, and confirm that and the company name with CNC Software. (There are many CNC Software and In-House Solutions Moderators, with access to verify a user's information.) Once that has happened, I think you'll find this is one of the most friendly and informative corners of the internet. So, welcome to the forum, and I hope you can get your license issues resolved and stick around. We give a ton of help away for free, but you basically came in here, and admitted to having software that isn't legal, and then brought Christianity into it, which I found to be a little distasteful. I don't identify with your particular label, but I do identify as a Christian. I praise your claim of faith, but I would ask you to look at your own behavior through my eyes, and tell me what you see? A person is justified by their works, and not by faith alone. Your actions will tell us your true intentions in the end, but I hope to welcome you as a contributor to our forum.

• Like 1