Sign in to follow this  
carryinwood

Fadal Software

I know this is A Long Shot,,but why not try..  Any one  here have the   DOS "Fadal Digitizing Software"?   I have the Manual just not the Software.  Thanks in Advance for any help.  

not familiar with it but am sporting a 90's Fadal here.

can you enlighten me? dont have functional probe but this does sound interesting?

I don’t know too much about it other than I would like to digitize surfaces with the Fadal.  Maybe carryinwood could enlighten us as to what was/is available.

On 10/15/2020 at 2:28 PM, carryinwood said:

Im still seaching.......it may be fruitless..

Please tell us what "Fadal Digitizing Software"  is and does. I'm not familiar with that name but  I ran Fadal's in the 90s and I was able to "backup" some Fadal software. I just may have it.

I would hope that it allows saving the current probed point.  In a Fagor control you manipulate the probe to the touch point and then you issue a Nxxxx G76 XYZ command.  Those coordinates are then written to a predefined file block by block each on it’s own line.

Yeah it does what Skyking said...They called it Probing.. The Manual for it is on the Web.    You use the Machine as a CMM..

22 hours ago, carryinwood said:

Yeah it does what Skyking said...They called it Probing.. The Manual for it is on the Web.    You use the Machine as a CMM..

I have the Fadal probe macros.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skyking01x said:

Can we get a copy?

PM me your email address and I'll get it to you in the next day or so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carryinwood said:

May i PM You?

Of course! lol

• Haha 1

@skyking01x  @carryinwood  I'm curious to know how this works out for you. Way back when, we used Fadal Assist to send programs to/from the machines. The Emulator was fun to goof around with at home. It was like having a Fadal control on your home PC. It was a good way to learn your way around all the different features of the control...the various geometry tools, etc. Today, I guess you'd either need a really old computer to use it (which would probably be hard to maintain) or maybe rig something up with DOSBox.

• Like 1