Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chaining selection method

Radical1

Been using MasterCAM for 10yrs+ so I'm kind of used to doing things a certain way. The new chaining selection method option is kind of annoying, it remembers the last used option. If I use partial for my chaining then need full chain later I have to change the option, usually just have to change the option if I do anything other than full chain. Is there a way to turn this option off so it stays on chain all the time?

Just now, byte me said:

I was speaking more in the realm of things that could actually happen.

Something else to consider..many users, myself being among them, installing anything on our computers takes an act of congress.....for me it's not really feasible

Heck, it took me over a month to get the registry edit that's been talked about.

For me and others, it needs to be in the software...

1 hour ago, JParis said:

Something else to consider..many users, myself being among them, installing anything on our computers takes an act of congress.....for me it's not really feasible

Heck, it took me over a month to get the registry edit that's been talked about.

For me and others, it needs to be in the software...

If you lack write access to the chooks folder, it would be a problem, registry edits are not required.

Were Mastercam to provide a c# interface like the one I offer, as part of the software, then there would be no issue at all, as that would allow users to run chooks versus an interop dll anywhere on their computer, under the pretense of being a part of Mastercam. I have suggested it already.

I've beeing reading about using vbscript to interop with a cli .dll file without needing to register a com object. That would work too...if there is a way.

9 minutes ago, JParis said:

No Admin rights...

Oddly enough neither do we, but we are able to write access program files.

12 minutes ago, byte me said:

I've beeing reading about using vbscript to interop with a cli .dll file without needing to register a com object.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9839704/using-dlls-in-vbscript/9846377

This would be a way to access chook functionality from your native vbscript api.

If this does indeed work.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:30 AM, crazy^millman said:

The switch to add back this ability has been requested. Shoot off and email to QC and have your name added to the list to add back the switch that controls this behavior. It was there until this version then it was taken away.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, some of the suggestions were indeed "nerding out" but that's OK. I feel that sometimes the "white tower" does things just because they can. Adding things is most of the times OK but keep the ability to turn it off or change it.

Sorry to ask but what is the email for QC?

• Like 1