Sign in to follow this  
Sam1

Lathe Sub Spindle

Recommended Posts

Hello 

How to program sub spindle lathe mastercam ?, can stock transfer generate codes ( main and sub spindle clamping and unclamping etc.) ?, how to sync both spindles ?

Thx 

Part1.mcam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Hello 

How to program sub spindle lathe mastercam ?, can stock transfer generate codes ( main and sub spindle clamping and unclamping etc.) ?, how to sync both spindles ?

Thx 

Part1.mcam

You should contact your Mastercam Reseller for training and support. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I almost figured out, used POCO to transfer stock to sub side, used G199 to sync both spindles.

I am trying to use G14. I need to know, where exactly insert G14 in mirrored program. If you have example, that would be great.

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Hello, I almost figured out, used POCO to transfer stock to sub side, used G199 to sync both spindles.

I am trying to use G14. I need to know, where exactly insert G14 in mirrored program. If you have example, that would be great.

Thank you. 

Sounds like you are using a Haas DS?

Have you tried looking in the Haas Lathe User Manual? I believe there are samples of POCO ops, using G199 and G14, in the manual. You can download it from the Haas CNC website, if you don't have a paper copy available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 10:30 PM, Sam1 said:

Hello 

How to program sub spindle lathe mastercam ?, can stock transfer generate codes ( main and sub spindle clamping and unclamping etc.) ?, how to sync both spindles ?

Thx 

Part1.mcam

Be careful using G14. It gives you the ability to program for the main spindle and then apply the g14 for sub which essentially mirrors the program.

What you need to be wary of that the tools you use for the sub must be the same as those used for the main, i.e. left hand tools for both.

Otherwise your sub spindle will be spinning the wrong way.

Don't forget G15 to cancel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Colin, AHarrison thank you so much, yes , I am using haas dual spindle, I reviewed haas lathe manual. I think we can insert G14 before tool change, I need to try it.

If spindle will turn wrong way, can I use M04 instead of M03 ?, sorry if I ask funny question, I am learning.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sam1 said:

Hello Colin, AHarrison thank you so much, yes , I am using haas dual spindle, I reviewed haas lathe manual. I think we can insert G14 before tool change, I need to try it.

If spindle will turn wrong way, can I use M04 instead of M03 ?, sorry if I ask funny question, I am learning.

 

I generally put mine just after the tool change.

If your spindle is going the wrong way then yes switch M03 for M04.

Below is an e.g.

N31 (OD MAIN- 80 DEG)

G18 G20 G40 G56 G80 G99

G00 G53 X0. Y0. T0

T131

G14 G40 G56 G80 G99

M155

M08

G50 S3500

G96 S450 M03

G00 X0.75 Y0. Z0.1 M08

M88

G01 Z0. F0.004

G1 Z0. F0.008

X1.0611

G3 X1.1194 Z-0.0121 R0.0413

G1 X1.2258 Z-0.0653

G3 X1.25 Z-0.0945 R0.0412

G1 X1.35 Z-0.0944

 

M89

G00 G53 X0. Y0. T0

M01

G15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us