Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Sub Spindle

Sam1

8 hours ago, Sam1 said:

Hello, I almost figured out, used POCO to transfer stock to sub side, used G199 to sync both spindles.

I am trying to use G14. I need to know, where exactly insert G14 in mirrored program. If you have example, that would be great.

Thank you. 

Sounds like you are using a Haas DS?

Have you tried looking in the Haas Lathe User Manual? I believe there are samples of POCO ops, using G199 and G14, in the manual. You can download it from the Haas CNC website, if you don't have a paper copy available.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:30 PM, Sam1 said:

Hello 

How to program sub spindle lathe mastercam ?, can stock transfer generate codes ( main and sub spindle clamping and unclamping etc.) ?, how to sync both spindles ?

Thx 

Part1.mcam

Be careful using G14. It gives you the ability to program for the main spindle and then apply the g14 for sub which essentially mirrors the program.

What you need to be wary of that the tools you use for the sub must be the same as those used for the main, i.e. left hand tools for both.

Otherwise your sub spindle will be spinning the wrong way.

Don't forget G15 to cancel

Hello Colin, AHarrison thank you so much, yes , I am using haas dual spindle, I reviewed haas lathe manual. I think we can insert G14 before tool change, I need to try it.

If spindle will turn wrong way, can I use M04 instead of M03 ?, sorry if I ask funny question, I am learning.

• Like 1
Just now, Sam1 said:

Hello Colin, AHarrison thank you so much, yes , I am using haas dual spindle, I reviewed haas lathe manual. I think we can insert G14 before tool change, I need to try it.

If spindle will turn wrong way, can I use M04 instead of M03 ?, sorry if I ask funny question, I am learning.

I generally put mine just after the tool change.

If your spindle is going the wrong way then yes switch M03 for M04.

Below is an e.g.

N31 (OD MAIN- 80 DEG)

G18 G20 G40 G56 G80 G99

G00 G53 X0. Y0. T0

T131

G14 G40 G56 G80 G99

M155

M08

G50 S3500

G96 S450 M03

G00 X0.75 Y0. Z0.1 M08

M88