Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine definition warning

So not a Guru

1 minute ago, JParis said:

I learned years ago ONLY SAVE TO MASTERCAM file....

I don't know if it still does but that used to do some really wild crap if you saved it to the machine def file

I saw this recently a teammate did that and ya, it hit the fan.

I learned years ago ONLY SAVE TO MASTERCAM file....

I don't know if it still does but that used to do some really wild crap if you saved it to the machine def file

I did a save as, and gave it a different name to ensure at most I would just lose the last 10 minutes, or so, of work. I selected the only geometry and all appears well. According to the help, it only occurs when working in design mode. I guess since the file I merged (a standard file that I've been using for years) is a design file this pops up now in 2020.

They outta warn a fella!

Is this related to Mastercam 2021 Update 2, Merging geometry from an older file?

My coworker has something similar happen, I think he said he found the geometry in his machine definition.

2 minutes ago, byte me said:

Is this related to Mastercam 2021 Update 2, Merging geometry from an older file?

My coworker has something similar happen, I think he said he found the geometry in his machine definition.

I did merge geometry from an earlier version, that's what started this. I'm on the phone with or reseller & he's on a different line with CNC

3 minutes ago, So not a Guru said:

I did merge geometry from an earlier version, that's what started this. I'm on the phone with or reseller & he's on a different line with CNC

Yup, that is a no no, the files need to be first resaved in Mastercam Update 2.

25 minutes ago, byte me said:

Yup, that is a no no, the files need to be first resaved in Mastercam Update 2.

Where is that from?

Because if that's the case I am having IT rip SP2 out of all of our systems tomorrow..that's a critical flaw I cannot live with happening

1 minute ago, So not a Guru said:

So, do I need to migrate all of my setup files thru the wizard, or do I have to open each file in 2021 then save it as a 2021 file?

I open them and resave, the wizard should do the same thing.

10 minutes ago, JParis said:

Where is that from?

Because if that's the case I am having IT rip SP2 out of all of our systems tomorrow..that's a critical flaw I cannot live with happening

7 minutes ago, byte me said:

Where is that from?

You could migrate your files and it won't be a problem, there was an issue with the sdk involving notes, the fix resulted in, from what I can see major compatibility issues.

Just now, byte me said:

You could migrate your files and it won't be a problem, there was an issue with the sdk involving notes, the fix resulted in, from what I can see major compatibility issues.

No, not going to migrate files that don't need it...that introduces the possibility of screwing up an older file that we may need to go back to...which at that time would be gone over on the update...

Burned again

No, not going to migrate files that don't need it...that introduces the possibility of screwing up an older file that we may need to go back to...which at that time would be gone over on the update...

Burned again

I would offer you a macro to automate the conversion and merge if I could.. but u dnt bave admin :(

3 minutes ago, byte me said:

I would offer you a macro to automate the conversion and merge if I could.. but u dnt bave admin :(

Nope and I wouldn't do it anyway, though the offer is appreciated...I don't rely on anything outside of the software...one exception and that's about to die as well, Verisurf...

Just now, JParis said:

Nope and I wouldn't do it anyway...I don't rely on anything outside of the software...one exception and that's about to die as well, Verisurf...

You are missing out :p.

Sorry about your file Zeke..

We detected this issue immediately and reported it, however we needed the update to address issues in toolpath nesting, it was that or revert to Mastercam 2018, which also had problems for us.

10 minutes ago, JParis said:

though the offer is appreciated..

I appreciate your appreciation.