Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2-3 tpi turning

Advent doesn't have anything? I found a 3 on their website. 

3TPI Insert

They will make just about anything you want, but yes it will be a custom. What size thread are you trying to cut? 6", 8", 20", or 40" Might be some tools off the shelf for cutting 60 deg included angle that you could use like a single point thread mill. 

1" Diameter Double Angle Cutter

Harvey-DASC-003_C3_Rep.jpeg?w=1743&h=245

I think of this tool I have used for well over 25 years.  

Thanks guys, it’s a female thread 4.25ish minor  that we need to cut. I would prefer lathe only as thread milling will take far longer due to the qty.  We need to make gages, so both ID and OD tooling.

It is a standard 60 deg thread profile, 3 or just under tpi . Just having trouble finding inserts big enough w/o having to go custom...but if need be, we’ll quote accordingly.

1 hour ago, jeff said:

What about a TNMG neutral tool?

I did look into this originally, but there isn’t enough flank angle on insert or holder to do this...though they could be modified. The main reason this will not work is due to a wall just beyond the thread which would prevent us from being able to go far enough back with this style insert. Thanks for the input though.

• Like 1