Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ramp Contour with Wear Comp

Bill H

I work with a lot of smaller equipment and really like the Ramp Contour for milling larger holes.  My problem is that MasterCam inserts the G41/G42 code on an arc move with this toolpath.  Since this is a Bozo no no for our Haas mills, we're not able to fine-tune the hole size at the control by entering a wear value.  Is there some way to get MC to put the G41/G42 code on the linear part of the lead-in move?  Thanks!

• Like 1

Leon82 - Thanks!  That seems to work fine.

AMC Nitro - Thanks for the response, but I don't understand.  The first segment of the toolpath I was working with was a short straight segment and then there was an arc.  Is this something different than what you're suggesting?

• Like 1

Haas Machines won't turn comp on or off on Arcs( G02 or G03 ). Like said previously just use lead in lead out settings. But I am curious what machines accept comp on Arcs? Also on small interpolations where your lead in/outs become very small like .005 for instance you can not exceed that value with your Wear value (D) or you will get an error as well.

• Like 1
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 3:35 AM, zachlancy said:

G00 G17 G90 G55 X.9308 Y.9104 S12000 M03
G43 H4 Z1.
Z.0138
G94 G01 Z-.0862 F25.
G41 D4 X.9401 F72.
X.9382 Y.9472 Z-.0867
X.9322 Y.9835 Z-.0871
X.9224 Y1.0189 Z-.0875
X.9087 Y1.0531 Z-.0879

This is how I set up my ramps with comp

1.JPG

Very nice!  I will have to try this next time.  I typically don't try to finish to size with ramp, but I also really like using it. 

On 10/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, Bill H said:

Leon82 - Thanks!  That seems to work fine.

AMC Nitro - Thanks for the response, but I don't understand.  The first segment of the toolpath I was working with was a short straight segment and then there was an arc.  Is this something different than what you're suggesting?

Seems I misunderstood.  I thought you were having problems with Lead in?/Lead out.  

I don't understand the problem then, I finish 90 percent of my bores with Ramp Contour and never have problems.  When does it alarm out?  At lead in?  Perhaps the tool is too close to the size of the bore? 

Can  you send a file?