Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot get drafting dimensions to stick

vck

Running 2020 here and have an issue I've never seen before and it is driving me crazy. I want to add some dimensions to a model. I can select my two points and the leaders and dimension show up. However, when I go to click to lock the dimensions in place it won't do it.

Is there something I may have accidentally changed that would cause this behavior?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, metalmansteve said:

The auto-cursor ribbon bar is there but the recording software isn't showing it.  Here is a video of me opening the selection settings.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xv00p2k7j050yqh/Untitled 8.avi?dl=0

If you use windows game recorder it focus' on the main window, so other "windows" like the ribbon bar won't appear.

Obs studio is a very good free video recorder, it will give you the ability to truly screen record.

If you have powerpoint that would also work.

• 3 years later...

This original thread was sidetracked with recording software.

I just had the same problem today with 2023. Dimensions wouldn't set down when clicking mouse button and when I wanted to move a dimension from a previously saved file, it would pick it up and move it but not able to set down. Couldn't change dimension size, decimal places or make any other changes either.

The only solution was to reboot the computer. Just exiting Mastercam wouldn't fix it. Memory corruption of some sort is my guess... maybe with .NET

Hope this helps someone else.