Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Simulator Options Problem

Rob B

48 minutes ago, Rob B said:

It amazing when you shut the computer down completely and restart the next day. Everything just seems to work fine. Started computer this morning. Everything in verify is working.

Yes..  we are spoiled these days

In the early days of CAD/CAM, rebooting 3 or 4 times a day was sometimes necessary.

Today the hardware and software is 1000 X better.

I've been working from home and remoting into my PC at work and have not rebooted my work PC for a month

23 hours ago, Rob B said:

It amazing when you shut the computer down completely and restart the next day. Everything just seems to work fine. Started computer this morning. Everything in verify is working.

I posted about this exact problem last week.  A reboot is what fixed it for me as well.  I submitted it as another fix in the KB article.

• Like 1

I have been having all kinds of simulation problems latley.... Even though I dont use simulation. When I have multiple files open with different machine defs. Seems like every time I go to verify something it tells me I have the wrong machine selected for simulation. So I change it to one that corresponds..... But then what ever other files are open also seem to change to that machine and then when I jump back and try to verify... bam same error.... Its really becoming a PITA and I wish I could just turn the simulation function off and only use verify....

34 minutes ago, motor-vater said:

I have been having all kinds of simulation problems latley.... Even though I dont use simulation. When I have multiple files open with different machine defs. Seems like every time I go to verify something it tells me I have the wrong machine selected for simulation. So I change it to one that corresponds..... But then what ever other files are open also seem to change to that machine and then when I jump back and try to verify... bam same error.... Its really becoming a PITA and I wish I could just turn the simulation function off and only use verify....

it sounds like its the Machine selected under simulator options, the button directly to the right of verify (in the toolpath manager) is your simulator options, click on that simulator options button, then go to the machine tab and choose the machine labeled "5_5AXGEN_VMCTTAB", you shouldn't get any warnings about a machine if the 5_5AXGEN_VMCTTAB is selected. My guess is that machine on the simulation page was changed from what you have described, that is the machine that verifys simulator will load in for the machine simulation that is inside of verify.