Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2020 crashing on startup tasks.

CEMENTHEAD

2 minutes ago, CEMENTHEAD said:

just happened to 4 of our seats.. crashes on startup and just disappears, can't login to 2020, 3 of our seats are still OK.  (all our workstations are identical)

Do you use a shared folder for defaults?

If the source shared mastercam folder is corrupted that would make sense.

8 minutes ago, byte me said:

Do you use a shared folder for defaults?

yes, but its still fine on our other seats.

12 minutes ago, JParis said:

Windows 10 updates?

I know some of the Windows 10 updates have been causing some havoc

That's what I'm thinking. our IT is waiting for a callback from reseller...   

I had this same thing happen last Wednesday and it cleared it self up. Today i am having the same problem on another computer. I would love the answer!! It seems to effect all versions. I have 2017, 2018, 2020 and 2021 and they all did it at first. now 2018 is working but the others are not.

Chad

We lost 3 win 10 workstations this morning. Our last Win 7 is running just fine.

Looks like some windows update, just not sure which yet or if it can be uninstalled.

Type,Date,Time,Part file,Message,Total time,Process ID
"Information","11/17/2020","07:24:48","","Mastercam Event logging initiated.","",4304
"Information","11/17/2020","07:24:49","","Initializing machine definitions...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:24:50","","Loading keymaps...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:24:50","","Reading key mapping file...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:24:50","","Running command line commands...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:24:57","","'OpenGL - 'NVIDIA Corporation' : 'Quadro K420/PCIe/SSE2' : '4.6.0 NVIDIA 441.66'' ","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:01","","Registering messages...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:01","","Restoring toolbar states...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:01","","Initializing menus...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:03","","Loading MRU list...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:03","","Reading FBM tool table...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:03","","Beginning startup tasks...","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:11","","Restart and Recovery: recovery procedure called.  Recovery path is C:\Users\acular\AppData\Roaming\Mastercam\Recover2020-11-17-07-24.restart","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:11","","Restart and Recovery: serializing recovery object.","",7360
"Information","11/17/2020","07:25:11","","Restart and Recovery: object has been serialized.","",7360

try renaming  or moving this file

"C:\Users\****   your  user name here  ****  \Documents\My Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\CONFIG\Mastercam.Workspace"

a fresh default  workspace file will be created on launch

you can some times get away with putting your old workspace file back after a successful launch, but you'll probably have to build a new one from scratch

15 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

I have had my windows updates paused for 3 months now. They keep trying to slip them by me, but last thing I need is a dead system. Try to roll back the Windows Update.

this is strange 

I've been keeping my Win10 updates current for a while and have had zero problem

I have no idea why some have trouble and other's don't 

I've been keeping  my video drivers current too.. mostly because I like the new Quadro View utility for managing multiple monitors

for a while last year updating video drivers was sure to wreck my machine but Nvidia seems to have fixed whatever the problem was

Once you get you system back up, save a copy  of your  Mastercam.workspace file and back it up on a regular basis

A lot of these failure to launch problems can be solved in minutes with a fresh workspace file...  and if you have a good copy

backed up you don't have to rebuild a default one, just drop in the backup copy and go back to work 

I spoke to soon

all our programmers are working from home

Mastercam is running fine on all our home PC, just fail to launch at work

no idea what's going on..

edit

I got MC2020 tp run in Win8 compatibility mode..

that's not a solution but may be a clue

We are back up and running

Our IT guy told Bitdefender to ignore the Start in folders in the Mastercam shortcuts

"C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2020\Mastercam\"

and

"C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2021\Mastercam\"

and we are back up and running

all I can think of is that this morning's BitDefender definition update is causing the problem 

5 minutes ago, Chad 73 said:

Must be nice to have a IT guy that will help. I'm told to have Mastercam fix it. How do I get to the damn bit defender screen that will let me make those changes? 

-Chad

Will have to have Admin Rights to get that screen on Bit defender. The Official site shows Power User in the settings and have to think that is going to come down from the IT overlords at your company.

2 minutes ago, Chad 73 said:

Must be nice to have a IT guy that will help. I'm told to have Mastercam fix it. How do I get to the damn bit defender screen that will let me make those changes? 

-Chad

Hi Chad, typically most virus protection software will run in the background, starting with windows automatically, typically you can get to your virus protection settings through the show hidden icons button in the lower right of the pc, next to the clock on the pc. so if you look at the bottom right of your screen, the button that looks like an upward pointing arrow is called show hidden icons, clicking that shows some programs you have running in the background and you should see a bitdefender specific application in there. I hope this helps, you likely will need admin rights as mentioned in the reply above