Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Popups Lagging

rchipper

Hi,

I am noticing that when I click on a item to open/activate it, example being Analyze Distance or something that needs to be chained, it takes several seconds for that window to pop up. It seems slow and very annoying. 

I never noticed this before and am wondering if it could be a computer issue.  I don't know much about computer speeds and settings so if anyone has any ideas of what may be happening here I would welcome any support.

Here is what I found on my system: I have no idea what a lot of this means,

Windows 10 Pro

Intel Xeon Bronze 3104 [email protected] 1.70GHz

Memory: 32.0GB (31.7 GB usable)

64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Nvidia K5000 graphics

35 minutes ago, rchipper said:

Well I tried turning off the event logging and that didn't help. I don't know where or what the Share Experiences is so I have not tried that.

I will try moving the network folder to the local machine and see if that helps.

Hey, thanks for the help!!

Is it called customer feedback program. It has created problems in the past. 

On 11/18/2020 at 5:17 PM, Dan@Vian Ent. said:

Happens to me allot, it never did it with the old hasp installed on my PC. Now that we are a network hasp it happens frequently.

Do you have the IP of the nethasp server entered into the nethasp.ini file

In your case the lag may be caused by your machine hunting for the license 

Stumbled across this yesterday - was noticing my home machine lagging a bit... on the official Mastercam knowledge base there is an article about updating CodeMeter b/c it's generating a bunch of errant messages in the log.   haven't had a chance to get to the home computer to test it...but no harm in updating CodeMeter anyway is there...?

Search for "mastercam running slow" and "codemeter" over there and the article should come up.

2 hours ago, SN_MCam_User said:

Stumbled across this yesterday - was noticing my home machine lagging a bit... on the official Mastercam knowledge base there is an article about updating CodeMeter b/c it's generating a bunch of errant messages in the log.   haven't had a chance to get to the home computer to test it...but no harm in updating CodeMeter anyway is there...?

Search for "mastercam running slow" and "codemeter" over there and the article should come up.

there was a specific version of codemeter that had some problems, but yes that has all since been resolved, I would suggest downloading the latest codemeter and there is no harm in doing that.

at this time it looks like 7.10a is the latest https://www.mastercam.com/support/technical-support/drivers-and-utilities/