Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Subscription

Rocketmachinist

8 minutes ago, gcode said:

not so much ribbons,

the interface felt stone aged in 2002 and even more so in 2018.

important options buried 6 right click menus deep and such 

It's like you have to be a member of a secret society to know all the tricks 

Yeah I know what you mean, like you want to pull out 5 decimal places on an annotation it's buried deep.

1 minute ago, Aaron Eberhard - CNC Software said:

If you have SolidWorks, it's quite easy to leverage their excel-based programming to really quickly generate the toolpaths for families of parts as well.

I read about a short lived Mastercam Add-In that did something similar on one of these topics.

19 minutes ago, byte me said:

I read about a short lived Mastercam Add-In that did something similar on one of these topics.

its not short lived, Mastercam for solidworks is still a fully supported product and receives just as many updates as mastercam full version. I think this video shows what he was referring to 

Source: https://community.mastercam.com/TechExchange/Parts/149#partTitle

35 minutes ago, JoshC said:

its not short lived, Mastercam for solidworks is still a fully supported product and receives just as many updates as mastercam full version. I think this video shows what he was referring to 

Not what I was referring too, I meant the Mastercam Add-In for parametric modeling using excel.

If you know how to use SolidWorks design tables you can do really cool stuff with Mastercam-for SolidWorks

5 axis drilling based on CMM data was one project I did.

It took me a day to program the first part.... and 15 minutes each for the next 30

Just enter the CMM data into a SolidWorks Design Table (aka as an  Excel spread sheet) and regen

another was 20 lathe parts, all based on a dimension table

You define the first part and program via a Design Table, create a spread sheet of all 20 parts

and the next 19 parts are just a few minutes work each.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, JParis said:

Yeah, IIRC it was one of the European resellers that was messing around with that...

The MoldPlus guys were toying around with it IIRC.

I had some pretty badass lathe demos for it. Nothing extrordinarily complicated but impressive nontheless. I could rebuild the solid and regenerate the toolpaths for families of parts in seconds.

I may actually still have the c-hook(s) somewhere. I was saddednd they stopped development on it. For the right applications it was perfect.