Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

FANUC Custom MACRO B Cheats

16 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

I've had a call into the methods tech department from about 8 months ago ... Maybe I should call them back....

:crazy:

PM @Colin Gilchrist . He can probably point you in the right direction. 8 months ago we were all on lock down. May have slipped through the cracks. Probably a parameter issue if I was a betting man.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

One could do a lot of different things. Takes up more memory though.

On the Multi-Axis front, I'll sometimes use vector formatting (I, J, K) instead of A, B, C to allow the machine to decide orientation/rotation. It trips people out a bit.

G43.5

17 hours ago, cncappsjames said:

No, not saying that at all. That came out wrong sort of. I'm just saying when an ex Okuma guy comes nosing around a FANUC machine, it's HIGHLY suspicious. Sometimes even with with Mazak guy it's suspicious too. Let's be honest, Mazak shop/Okuma shop looking at FANUC machines is like racial integration in the 50's only without the blood.

If you're serious about buying a machine and not just looking to just talk $#!+, hit up Colin (he works for Methods) and PM me and I'll put you in touch with the right Matsuura guy in your neighborhood. Only PM me if you're serious. Otherwise we can just continue the banter. :P :rofl:

I enjoy it anyway because I nearly always learn something when somebody throws up the "you can't..." flag. :D  

:rofl:

Yeah, that'll happen... when a 1 armed, 30 year old China born woman becomes President.

I worked at a place that had 2 5 axis mazak machines that had fanuc controls on them. So much fun trying to get help I was going to buy a stone and try and squeeze blood out of it... I thought my chances would be better.

26 minutes ago, gms1 said:

I worked at a place that had 2 5 axis mazak machines that had fanuc controls on them.

The first machine shop I worked in; (Cummins Engine Company circa 1992) we had a 2 pallet VMC with a FANUC 11m IIRC. The Mazak guys DEFINITELY did NOT like coming in to support that piece of equipment. :rofl:

In my 28 years in manufacturing, I have seen a FANUC controlled machine go into an Okuma house exactly twice and into a Mazak house exactly twice. To say it is exceedingly rare is probably understating it. Not saying it doesn't happen... because it does, it just doesn't happen very often.

45 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

In my 28 years in manufacturing, I have seen a FANUC controlled machine go into an Okuma house exactly twice and into a Mazak house exactly twice. To say it is exceedingly rare is probably understating it. Not saying it doesn't happen... because it does, it just doesn't happen very often.

Getting a Fanuc machine in an Okuma house is like trading your smart phone for flip phone. Why would you want to. 😉

4 minutes ago, cncappsjames said:

Okuma is always the little brother with a chip on his shoulder. Always talking while the older brother just does.

So in 5 years when Haas owns more of the market than Fanuc will you say they have the best control?

Biggest market share doesn't automatically make something the best.

18 minutes ago, YoDoug® said:

Biggest market share doesn't automatically make something the best.

I know, I just like to give you $#!+... just like you like to give me. :lol: :rofl:

I look at the controls as a "language" thing. If a machine shop has 100% certain language spoken in it, the liklihood that a person that doesn't speak that language will succeed there is small no matter how good he/she is.

If you were to get a FANUC machine in your shop, be honest, no matter how good it was, you would always be looking at it through the eyes that Okuma is "better". FANUC is different from Okuma, there are not two ways about it. It's not going to be allowed to succeed on it's own merits though. It may be "tolerated", but it will never be embraced.

:coffee:

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Leon82 said:

I've had a call into the methods tech department from about 8 months ago why our new Yasda won't tap a hole. Maybe I should call them back....

Hi Leon,

Please send me a Private Message so I can follow up on this issue with you. You should absolutely be able to tap a hole with your Yasda! I'm sorry nobody got back to you after your initial contact. That is most definitely not the way that Methods normally does business. I've worked in a fair number of places during my career, and Methods runs a very tight ship. I'm in Applications, but I'm sure I can help you get some traction on getting this issue resolved.

Best regards,

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 7:32 PM, shubharora734 said:

Interesting, thanks for the info, I've been looking into collision testing and kinematic awareness in Mastercam.

X9 Mill Level 3 5ax Drill (with only 4axis machines - BAH!) Lathe Entry - beta tester (when time allows...)
Good ol' NCPlot + Inventor 2016 + AutoCAD since V11 (and this will be the last I buy because I WANT MY PERPETUAL LICENCE hellodear.in

Regards teatv.ltd

2 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

Whenever I hear "I can't" in a machine shop, I tell them they are in the wrong line of work.

Yes it can be done when you put enough zeros and time behind it.

You want to hold zero true position regardless of feature size on a +.0000000001/-.000000000 hole that is .0001" in diameter by 100" deep it will only cost you 20 Trillion dollars and 100 years to make it happen. 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

You want to hold zero true position regardless of feature size on a +.0000000001/-.000000000 hole that is .0001" in diameter by 100" deep it will only cost you 20 Trillion dollars and 100 years to make it happen.

Reminds me of an old Cold war era joke.

The Soviets made a wire 0.002" in diameter and sent it to their American counterparts for bragging rights.

The Americans drilled a hole through the center of it & sent it back. 🤣🤣

• Haha 1
On 2/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, So not a Guru said:

Whenever I hear "I can't" in a machine shop, I tell them they are in the wrong line of work.

How about if you need to hold ±.001 locations from centerline on a  2 1/2 foot long rectangular extrusion tube with .600±.040 walls, ±.074 on width and height, up to .018 straightness per foot and up to 1/4° twist per foot ? :stuart:

2 minutes ago, Tim Johnson said:

How about if you need to hold ±.001 locations from centerline on a  2 1/2 foot long rectangular extrusion tube with .600±.040 walls, ±.074 on width and height, up to .018 straightness per foot and up to 1/4° twist per foot ? :stuart:

Like Ron said

Yes it can be done when you put enough zeros and time behind it.

😆

• Haha 2
  • 4 months later...

For anyone who wants to play around with "Fanuc Axis Naming", I present MPMaster, with some *slight* modifications.

This is setup for Mastercam 2021, but you could easily update it to 2022 or later.

I am not including a MD/CD for this Post, on purpose. This Post is for "informational and training purposes only". Use at your own-risk! Neither myself, nor my employer, will take any responsibility for damage that may occur, as a result of using this Post Processor.

This Post should support any 3X or 4X Fanuc Machine, if you've properly configured the Tool Planes.

To test the NC Code output, program using your regular MPMaster MD/CD/Post File.

> Press the "G1" button to start the Posting Process

> Press (and hold down), the CTRL + SHIFT + ALT Keys on your keyboard, and then press the letter "P". (press all 4 keys simultaneously.)

> The "Select Post" Button becomes active. Press it, and browse to this new Post. Set the option to "overwrite", and you'll see some output which looks strange, but *should* run without errors. Again, use at your own-risk. :whistle:

> NOTE: You should be able to change any "T" Number (T[1] > T[22], for example), and the Posted NC Code will automatically pull the H/D numbers for the "Spindle Tool". (H[#_BUFT] & D[#_BUFT])

> NOTE2: There are a bunch of "unnecessary pairs of square brackets ([ ]) which are output that surround the "M-Codes", "F-Codes", and "S-Codes". They don't "hurt anything", and you'd be fine if you removed the extra bracket characters. BUT > BE CAREFUL. Many of the Format Assignments have been changed, so they use both a "prefix" and a "suffix" string. You'll have to remove the extra "open square bracket" from the Prefix String, and completely remove the "]" Suffix String, from any variable where you don't want that extra bracketry. You can also edit many "string literals" (M[03] > M03) if you desire.

MPMASTER_MCAM2021_FAN-PRM.mcpost

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • 2 years later...