Jump to content

Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Crash on exit then restart


Guess_who
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been having a weird issue. EVERYTIME I exit MasterCam it crashes then tries to restart. If I don't kill it in task manager, it starts back up, I close it again, and it crashes again. THen restarts. This cycle will go on and on until I kill the process in task manager. 

 

Anyone know why MC would crash everytime on exit. This happens in my 2019, 2020, and now 2021. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I had to guess I bet your documents folder is on onedrive correct? Last time i seen this it was because the user data folder was on a server or onedrive and once we moved the user data folder the problem went away. let me know if that's the case and i can point you in the right direction on how to alter that but that would be my guess. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JoshC said:

If I had to guess I bet your documents folder is on onedrive correct? Last time i seen this it was because the user data folder was on a server or onedrive and once we moved the user data folder the problem went away. let me know if that's the case and i can point you in the right direction on how to alter that but that would be my guess. 

Everything except our posts is on our local drives. I'm thinking something got corrupt, but I tried re-install and didn't fix it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

oh ok, nevermind about that then. It still could be somekind of corruption in the "my mastercam" folder aka the user data folder. You could try this if you wanted.

1. shut down mastercam

2. go to your documents folder

3. rename the "My Mastercam 2021" folder

4. start mastercam up, that folder will get rebuilt in its default state.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JoshC said:

oh ok, nevermind about that then. It still could be somekind of corruption in the "my mastercam" folder aka the user data folder. You could try this if you wanted.

1. shut down mastercam

2. go to your documents folder

3. rename the "My Mastercam 2021" folder

4. start mastercam up, that folder will get rebuilt in its default state.

 

Thanks I'll give that a try.  I appreciate the help

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guess_who said:

Everything except our posts is on our local drives. I'm thinking something got corrupt, but I tried re-install and didn't fix it. 

If you do a reinstall for an issue in the user folder you would need to delete/move that folder first, otherwise Mastercam will not replace it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
On 12/10/2020 at 10:26 PM, JoshC said:

If I had to guess I bet your documents folder is on onedrive correct? Last time i seen this it was because the user data folder was on a server or onedrive and once we moved the user data folder the problem went away. let me know if that's the case and i can point you in the right direction on how to alter that but that would be my guess. 

So if it is on OneDrive, what do we do? Remove it from OneDrive? This is the default action for Windows 10 and 11 now. Why isn't this supported?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ian Thompson | Intercam SA said:

So if it is on OneDrive, what do we do? Remove it from OneDrive? This is the default action for Windows 10 and 11 now. Why isn't this supported?

We removed completely OneDrive from the programmer's computers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tim Johnson said:

We removed completely OneDrive from the programmer's computers.

It took one company we work with IT department about 8 months of trying to make it work and they came to the same conclusion. It is a cloud problem and permission issue within Windows creating the issue. Trying to leave the connection open through the correct port that was always changing and never staying with the same IP address to be allowed through their firewall was the biggest issue. Why it has to use random ports and floating IP addresses is anyone's Trillion dollar guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

It took one company we work with IT department about 8 months of trying to make it work and they came to the same conclusion. It is a cloud problem and permission issue within Windows creating the issue. Trying to leave the connection open through the correct post that was always changing and never staying with the same IP address to be allowed through their firewall was the biggest issue. Why it has to use random parts and floating IP addresses is anyone Trillion dollar guess.

One Drive was literally taking over and changing our configs. Luckily I always have my backups stored offline but the other programmers didn't. I also didn't like the idea of having our part models stored on the Microsoft cloud. Microsoft is very friendly with China and I would expect them to dig through the clouds for other companies "secure" information.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been hearing about this one drive issue for some time now, but knock on wood I have not had this problem yet. I have used one drive for years now. the only thing I might say is that make sure you use the option of storing files instead of shortcuts in one drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...