Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Broken Chains

MachineHead05

Hey all, I'm extremely new to Mastercam, but I have been using BobCad for the past year, so I have a little understanding of designing geometry to convert into G-Code. I upgraded to MasterCam2018, and I'm stuck on my first drawing ever on it. I imported a .jpg file and scaled it to my requirements. I also outlined the image with a rectangle the size of my work piece, and went to go develop toolpaths for my NC. The problem I have is when I choose a pocket feature and input all my machine data, at the end of that I click the check mark and it comes up with a warning message - Warning Not All Boundaries Are Closed. Select Open Pockets or Close Chains. I understand what that means and why it's a problem, but I have ran into a wall trying to accomplish those operations and get my image cleaned up. Really hoping someone wouldn't mind helping me through this one.

Thank You,

-Scott 

gettingthere.dxf

Edited by MachineHead05
Uploaded .dxf file because the .mcam file was too big.

1st I simplify splines (wireframe-drop-down at refit spline-select simplify-select all geometry-delete original) This might take some time.

image.thumb.png.2aa4c98de6da6e799caf405f586d014d.png

2nd transform-project to z 0

image.png.5a22af160e796551f00c2fe643bc3062.png

3rd shift plus left click on entity to see if chains are closed, find breaks in chain and trim entities or draw lines or arcs  to close chains.

I hope this gets you going in the right direction

• Like 1