Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC 2021 verify troubles

Rstewart

Earlier in the year I was having issues with Verify refusing to work At All, even after direct help from IHS.   Long story, I finished up some programming just relying on backplot (not a big deal).  

Fast forward 5 months and with a new computer ( Quadro, i7 , plenty  of Ram) and everything has been running Great, almost no complaints.  I now have an order for 3 more of these assemblies that I need to machine.  Open the file and verify is working (somewhat).  The tools/holders are crashing right through my part between planes, when in real life they aren't.

Anyone think of why this is happening?  If I create a "dummy" file with  similar toolpaths I'm not having this problem...

MC_2021_VERIFY_1.JPG

If the same tool is moving between planes, try for test purposes only, check force tool change then run the simulator. I would use to check the force tool change if I was unsure about what I was seeing in the simulation. I most cases I sometimes left them in and posed code. It does not hurt and may save a crash.

30 minutes ago, Werktuigbouwer said:

From memory:

go the cofiguration, tab simulation and uncheck OR check go to home position.

Then restart mastercam.

Tomorrow i will update a screenshot.

I'm looking at RStewart's file to try and get some clarity on what's going on, but just an extended note on these system Configuration switches, which are "Tool starts from home position after tool change" and "Go to home position on tool plane change", located under the Simulation tab:

These switches initially sound like a magic fix for issues with simulating the transition of tool positions between 3+2 operations without going through the step of making a big multiaxis link operation that consumes them all. What they do is look at the positioning set in the Home/Ref points subtab of Linking Parameters, which I believe ends up in World coordinates. For something like a head-head machine, you could eventually get to a decent replication of motion if you spent enough time matching up these position settings between each operation, but quite honestly it's time-consuming and in the end it still doesn't represent what the post will actually do for your machine's transition motion. My recommendation would be to leave them off or make sure they're off unless you have a very deep understanding of what they'll do.

The better choice to control this behavior for 2020 and earlier is the Control Def edit which JParis alluded to, which is to go into the machine control definition, Linear section, and set Rapid Motion to Linear Interpolate at Maximum Feedrate. What this does is simply give a 'free move' upon transition between toolplanes rather than trying to physically drive the tool between the end of one op and the start of another in some manner. Because we have no knowledge of how each post might handle the transition code at this stage, (and each post WILL handle it differently), not trying to approximate this transition isn't really a big deal. And if we needed to explicitly control it, we could still build a multiaxis link operation to ensure we get 100% apples to apples.

From 2021 onward, we no longer require that the user change this Linear setting in the Control Def to get the behavioral change- we simply give this 'free transition move' between all 3+2 operations as default.

Note that none of this is the source of RStewart's particular issue here, but is just general information on some solutions for tool gouges when simulating between toolplanes!

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Chris In-House Solutions said:

Is your toolpath going from one side of the part to the other side?   So lets say from the left side to Right side?  

I sent the ZiptoGo in to Dylan earlier.

I'm not sure I'm exactly following you.  Start with the TOP, then progress through my custom planes (about 6 of them). until all surfaces and profiles are machined.

In verify the tools/holders are going Through the part to the next WCS, T & C plane.

Just to clarify it's not a code problem, I'm successfully making good parts, just impossible to run them successfully through verify.  I'm just using Backplot at this point.

One last thing, StockModel seems to be working correctly......

In verify the tools/holders are going Through the part to the next WCS, T & C plane.

Have you tried using approach/retract points.  You may have to also put in a point toolpath for verification purposes.  

Mastercam isn't aware what machine you are using so it doesnt know that your machine has tilted the table or head and rotated it to get to the next plane.   I've seen this before and the fix was to put a huge clearance value in for verify purposes or use approach/retract values.  

I've figured out what is happening, but not why...

When I launch verify and I'm verifying a toolpath in a plane other than top, the the tool starts from top and goes thru the part.  Even in verify when I click Top (should be the current plane) it's in the original Top.  Basically verify isn't switching planes.

8 hours ago, Rstewart said:

I've figured out what is happening, but not why...

When I launch verify and I'm verifying a toolpath in a plane other than top, the the tool starts from top and goes thru the part.  Even in verify when I click Top (should be the current plane) it's in the original Top.  Basically verify isn't switching planes.

If you can duplicate this please send it to qc<at>Mastercam<dot>com with the step to reproduce this and a zip2go.

If you can share it with me, I can look for short term workarounds while you wait for a fix.

5 hours ago, Thee Byte™ said:

If you can duplicate this please send it to qc<at>Mastercam<dot>com with the step to reproduce this and a zip2go.

If you can share it with me, I can look for short term workarounds while you wait for a fix.

Already sent it up....

I'll be sure to let ya'll know the outcome

• 3 weeks later...