Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Face "V" groove on mill

CNCZACK

2 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

I've used it, but my user license is mill level one, it only has contour, pocket, drill,advanced drill, slotmill, point toopath, manual entry and area milling.

It amazes me to this day how cheap companies are....  I know there are cases where it makes sense to only have mill level one, but gosh, in this day and age, having full 3d capability makes for being able to solve problems with a much bigger tool bag.  I have had a multiaxis seat for 6-7 years now and I don't think I could even go back to mill3d....  Once you start using the moduleworks stuff, about all you end up using from the mastercam paths is 2d dynamic, opti, 2d/3d contour and the hole making paths.  As far as surfacing, maybe raster, but that's about it...  I used to have a mill level 2 license, and the crap I had to go through to get something done was amazing, the cost of moving up to even mill3d would have easily been recouped in programming time alone in less than six months.

1 minute ago, Elmer Fudd said:

I think you can do it with mill level one. Right click in toolpath manager, mill toolpaths, wireframe.

Nope,I went through all the operations the ones I listed are it.

Fbm Mill works and it isn't supposed to sams goes for stock model operation, but no wireframe toolpaths, no contour 3d.

Those operations start at level 2, chook operations also start at level two, I got seriously burned by that because the dealer told me it did support it.

3 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

It amazes me to this day how cheap companies are....  I know there are cases where it makes sense to only have mill level one, but gosh, in this day and age, having full 3d capability makes for being able to solve problems with a much bigger tool bag.  I have had a multiaxis seat for 6-7 years now and I don't think I could even go back to mill3d....  Once you start using the moduleworks stuff, about all you end up using from the mastercam paths is 2d dynamic, opti, 2d/3d contour and the hole making paths.  As far as surfacing, maybe raster, but that's about it...  I used to have a mill level 2 license, and the crap I had to go through to get something done was amazing, the cost of moving up to even mill3d would have easily been recouped in programming time alone in less than six months.

It's my personal license I bought for doing stuff on my pocket nc, I use it for Manufacturing, at work we have 2d 3d and multiaxis, about 15 licenses.

For development I was provided with a dealer sim as part of the 3rd party developer program, which I am very excited about!! 

Lots of exciting stuff coming Mastercam 2022!

Just now, Elmer Fudd said:

OK. I'm guessing you have mill "entry" level. We only have "mill" and "3D".

Yeah, "entry". It's good enough for some quick 3 + 2 ops if your crafty, the fact that operations can only have tplane cplane in top view make the simulation pretty worthless, but the pocket nc has an online simulator and im working on a workaround to draw the toolpath on other planes.

3 minutes ago, Elmer Fudd said:

Nice workaround then. Where there's a will there's a way. :thumbup:

I had a lot of help getting to where I am with Mastercam and software stuff, I would have been lost without all the help I got from the Sdk Team from Cnc Software, the possibilities are endless...

5 hours ago, Thee Byte™ said:

Nope,I went through all the operations the ones I listed are it.

Perhaps it's in the changing of names, but mill level one ABSOLUTELY did the wireframe 2.5D toolpaths. I don't even know what "entry" level mill does. Maybe I'm the one out of the loop on this, but we used to have mill level 1 seats and we did swept 2D toolpaths like there was no tommorow.

25 minutes ago, Thad said:

Perhaps it's in the changing of names, but mill level one ABSOLUTELY did the wireframe 2.5D toolpaths. I don't even know what "entry" level mill does. Maybe I'm the one out of the loop on this, but we used to have mill level 1 seats and we did swept 2D toolpaths like there was no tommorow.

It's the first time I heard of it as well, the lowest i used before is what they call "2d"

On 12/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, Thee Byte™ said:

It's my personal license I bought for doing stuff on my pocket nc, I use it for Manufacturing, at work we have 2d 3d and multiaxis, about 15 licenses.

For development I was provided with a dealer sim as part of the 3rd party developer program, which I am very excited about!! 

Lots of exciting stuff coming Mastercam 2022!

About time someone stepped up and seen your potential. If I had the ability I wouldn’t be it a second thought to hire you an make you a part of our team. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

About time someone stepped up seen your potential. If I had the ability I wouldn’t be it a second thought to hire you an make you a part of our team. 

Thank Ron,

I appreciate your kind words, great to see you around.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:56 AM, Newbeeee™ said:

Having previously worked in a shop like that, which when i first started there bought a 300k (in year 1999) Hitachi twin pallet hori but couldn't afford more than 10 toolholders and only had 2 bare pallets...i vowed when i built my shop have value for money machines and then i could throw 200k at tooling.

It is false economy and stupidity to not have tools for the job.

Yea i know places like that they buy Machine tools then they ask you have to buy tools for it too ???:wallbash:

• Haha 1
On 1/1/2021 at 6:47 AM, Thee Byte™ said:

Thank Ron,

I appreciate your kind words, great to see you around.

Problem is our now 3 comment to are off topic and if we follow the new law of the forum they must removed and is both of us warned for doing so. What has to happen when people make rules and change things without seeing the downside to such decisions. 

Just now, crazy^millman said:

Problem is our now 3 comment to are off topic and if we follow the new law of the forum they must removed and is both of us warned for doing so. What has to happen when people make rules and change things without seeing the downside to such decisions. 

I don't have to do anything, if IHS wants to give customers warning points for nothing, that's there business. I'm going to conduct myself as usual.

Yeah, Mill Level 1 has the wire frame toolpaths. Early in my career I (V3.0 days) the wireframe paths saved my bacon because surface tool paths were pretty primitive at the time... and SLOW to process. I still use 2D Swept a fair amount. 

2D swept is a great way to cheat top surface corner radii if you don't have a corner rounding end mill. 

:coffee:

• Like 1