Sign in to follow this  
#Rekd™

Mastercam 2021 Impeller Challenge

I downloaded this file from the Tech Exchange a while back and I am attempting to re-program it without using Blade Expert. In MC 2021 the Multi-Axis rough toolpath was replaced with the Pocket toolpath, I couldn't get it to work (operator error likely!). I ended up roughing it with a 3+2 Automatic toolpath. I am still trying to make mine look okay (gouge free), I will upload it once it looks respectable!

I am putting it up here to see if anyone else wants to attempt it. This is the Industrial file (I am an Educational user).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hai8qv2hk0k8jyr/HTEC 2018 Impeller.zip?dl=0

17 hours ago, #Rekd™ said:

I downloaded this file from the Tech Exchange a while back and I am attempting to re-program it without using Blade Expert. In MC 2021 the Multi-Axis rough toolpath was replaced with the Pocket toolpath, I couldn't get it to work (operator error likely!). I ended up roughing it with a 3+2 Automatic toolpath. I am still trying to make mine look okay (gouge free), I will upload it once it looks respectable!

I am putting it up here to see if anyone else wants to attempt it. This is the Industrial file (I am an Educational user).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hai8qv2hk0k8jyr/HTEC 2018 Impeller.zip?dl=0

John the file we did before is close to this one. It was updated 2021 and synced before. Here try this one and see if it works to help you.

Impeller 2021 from Previous Exercise

Trick to this one will be make the section with the smaller flute. Not sure if you can make the Multiaxis rough work like we did. Taking a break till next year so just chiming to to offer a little help, but most I have been on the forum for more than a month. I will be back to help you and others just taking a much needed break.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

Taking a break till next year so just chiming to to offer a little help, but most I have been on the forum for more than a month. I will be back to help you and others just taking a much needed break.

Awesome that you are here Ron, you deserve a break!

I will keep working on my file and upload it for critique sometime in January.

John, I will look at it. I messed around with ti a little bit and getting the that Y section to rough without blade expert can be done, but creating the geometry needed to do it was proving to be the work. Still catching up from Last month so as I can I will get back to it.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, crazy^millman said:

John, I will look at it. I messed around with ti a little bit and getting the that Y section to rough without blade expert can be done, but creating the geometry needed to do it was proving to be the work. Still catching up from Last month so as I can I will get back to it.

Hi Ron,

No rush. I played around with it quite a bit and got it close but it is not perfect. 

Thanks again!

This is great because Ive been trying to do an impeller without blade expert for our workshop for awhile now.

4 hours ago, Metallic said:

This is great because Ive been trying to do an impeller without blade expert for our workshop for awhile now.

See this post as well. Ron was gracious enough to lend his experience and time!

• Like 1