Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2020 Cannot find Parasolid data in SOLIDWORKS file.

cyount12

Hello and apoloiges if this has been asked before. I am working on an issue for a client who ran into an issue out of nowhere with a file made in Solidworks 2019 and having problems in Mastercam Design 2020. I followed a few threads here about re-registering the dll using mastercams advanced configuration. I did that by going to the advanced configuration utility then Components > C:\ > Programfiles> Mastercam2020 > Common > SWORKSDATA > SwDocumentMgr.dll (right click and select Register Component) and it says it was successful but when trying to open the file again it gives the same error. I am not familiar with Solidworks and Mastercam or how they interact with each other so if someone can give some tips how to fix this it would help greatly. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, cyount12 said:

I am not familiar with Solidworks and Mastercam or how they interact with each other so if someone can give some tips how to fix this it would help greatly. 

Or you could just save it as a parasolid (out of Solidworks).......x_t or .x_b (the best transfer protocol across a range of platforms).

This also works for Solidworks assy files, which MC also sometimes has problems with.

• 2 months later...

Better yet ... use the Mastercam Advanced Config executable.

Run it as Administrator and click on Components in the left-side pane and browse to the .DLL in the right-side pane.

Then right-click on that .DLL and choose 'Register Component".

And note that this may or may not fix your issue with opening a SolidWorks file into Mastercam. Usually its the version of the SolidWorks file and the version of Mastercam you're running that might prevent it. For instance - a SW 2021 file can only be imported into MC 2021 Update 3 (or later). Usually only uninstalling and re-installing some version of either MC and/or SW would cause the SWDocumentMgr.DLL to require re-registration.

If you send me a SolidWorks file that is failing to come into Mastercam I can help diagnose the problem.

• Like 1