Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Screwy arc output

So not a Guru

10 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I am always struggling to interpret what the variables represent.

The variable and function names used are very unclear. 

10 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

Actually, this is the 1st time I've had this issue. So, hopefully not.

You probably won't encounter this very often if you haven't before, that being said, it might be a good idea to talk to the author about it.

24 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

The variable and function names used are very unclear.

The reserved ones have great definitions built into Code Expert & the documentation, but there are a lot of variables that are used in most of the posts I've seen, that although used very often, are not reserved and therefore not documented. If I ever get the chance, I'm going to build myself a glossary of them.

2 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

The reserved ones have great definitions built into Code Expert & the documentation, but there are a lot of variables that are used in most of the posts I've seen, that although used very often, are not reserved and therefore not documented. If I ever get the chance, I'm going to build myself a glossary of them.

Good luck with that one. :secret:

• Haha 1

Also noting that the post in question would work in the version of Mastercam for which it was created. So I'm aware that Maintenance and added costs are generally unpopular, but it becomes difficult for us to chase the impact on the post from Mastercam version updates without a program in place to account for the extra work.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Dave Thomson | Postability said:

Also noting that the post in question would work in the version of Mastercam for which it was created. So I'm aware that Maintenance and added costs are generally unpopular, but it becomes difficult for us to chase the impact on the post from Mastercam version updates without a program in place to account for the extra work.

Well the old saying you get what you pay for. Cheap out and expect issues plain and simple.

58 minutes ago, Dave Thomson | Postability said:

I absolutely understand the need. I don't get to determine the company maintenance policy, I just have to work with what I have available.

• Like 1