Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

apeters

I have created a program that finishes with a 4-axis rotary tool path.  I am using a Haas VF2 with the Generic 4-axis haas post from MasterCam.  It's about 80K lines of code that get output using G93 Inverse time feed.  Feed is non-modal when using G93 so there needs to be an F-value on every single line while G93 is active.  About 1 out of every 20 lines does not have an F value and I can't figure out why.. any thoughts as to how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Al

I noticed the lines that did not have feed rates were on lines that moved with very slight changes in A-values and thought MasterCam might have an issue processing the feed because it is moving between two points that are very close to eachother.  I increased the cut tolerance to 0.010 in the cut pattern parameters and this seems to have fixed the issue.. but if anyone has any ideas as to how I can remedy this without having to always increase the cut tolerance, that would be much appreciated.

Not really if the feed doesn't need to change in the short distance then the feedrate will not be output. If the feed rate does change over the distance like the .01 you are mentioning then it will change. Basic concept of inverse time. Get it when you need it and will not when you don't unless force federate is hard coded in the post which is not advised to do.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Not really if the feed doesn't need to change in the short distance then the feedrate will not be output. If the feed rate does change over the distance like the .01 you are mentioning then it will change. Basic concept of inverse time. Get it when you need it and will not when you don't unless force federate is hard coded in the post which is not advised to do.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your response!

You gave me an idea.. the post maxes the feed output at F1000. for inverse time and almost every line has an F1000. The programmed feed rate is around 15 IPM which is converted to something above 1000 in inverse time feed for 99% of the moves already.  I figured if the feed rate doesn't change over a small distance, thus not outputting a feed, it is probable that there are not actually two identical feed rates on consecutive lines based on the shape of the part, but they are close enough to be the same due to rounding.  So I increased the programmed feed from 15 IPM to 100 IPM to scale the feeds (still capping inverse time feeds at 1000).  This fixed my problem

Thanks a lot!

2 hours ago, apeters said:

Thanks for your response!

You gave me an idea.. the post maxes the feed output at F1000. for inverse time and almost every line has an F1000. The programmed feed rate is around 15 IPM which is converted to something above 1000 in inverse time feed for 99% of the moves already.  I figured if the feed rate doesn't change over a small distance, thus not outputting a feed, it is probable that there are not actually two identical feed rates on consecutive lines based on the shape of the part, but they are close enough to be the same due to rounding.  So I increased the programmed feed from 15 IPM to 100 IPM to scale the feeds (still capping inverse time feeds at 1000).  This fixed my problem

Thanks a lot!

Well I suspect that is a post or CMD error since the machine should be able to handle 99999 as a max inverse feedrate. Might fine is run better getting the better feedrate on smaller parts and smaller moves. The larger the part and move the feedrate decrease where as with smaller parts and smaller moves the feedrates increase. Why it is called inverse time.