Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modify a PMesh

JB7280

Is it possible to modify a PMesh in mastercam?  For example, I've roughed a part, with a couple hanging tabs that get snapped off between operations.  I made a stock model, then converted that to a PMesh.  For the future operations, I don't want those tabs on there.  What's the best way to remove them from my pmesh?

7 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

Is it possible to modify a PMesh in mastercam?  For example, I've roughed a part, with a couple hanging tabs that get snapped off between operations.  I made a stock model, then converted that to a PMesh.  For the future operations, I don't want those tabs on there.  What's the best way to remove them from my pmesh?

Make a dummy op to mill them away, then save to your pmesh....ghost the op so it doesn't get posted or delete it as its purpose is served

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, JParis said:

Make a dummy op to mill them away, then save to your pmesh....ghost the op so it doesn't get posted or delete it as its purpose is served

Just to add a thought to this good suggestion.

Ghosted operations are supported in Stock models. You have a as per what you need Stock Model and as to what it will be after manual operations of stock models. Ghost the dummy ones and then use the same operation for both stock models and one uses the Ghosted operations and one doesn't. Or you can delete or not use the ones not needed to prevent long times making the stock model. 

Other option is to use a STL editing tool to remove the features and then cap the faces removed. More work maybe, but I have had to scan models to get accurate features for some parts and sometimes on those cases was easier to just edit the STL created from the Stock Model than try to create a bunch of dummy operations to mimic the same thing.

• Thanks 1