Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Config gremlins reset my config.

kunfuzed

What would cause a config to reset? Just fired up Mcam, and while my screen background and machine def are fine, my right click and hot keys are reset. Ideas?

It did ask me to install update 3 yesterday, and I canceled it cuz I had a bad connection at the time, and then there was a random crash yesterday. 

Will also back that up somewhere this time... lol

1 minute ago, kunfuzed said:

What would cause a config to reset? Just fired up Mcam, and while my screen background and machine def are fine, my right click and hot keys are reset. Ideas?

The .workspace file in my mastercam/config is the one u need to backup.

Just now, crazy^millman said:
Just now, Thee Byte™ said:

The .workspace file in my mastercam/config is the one u need to backup.

I keep copies of my workspace files on my backup drive and have copies of them named different extensions I can rename if needed.

I keep zipped copies of my mastercam and shared mastercam, there were some other files than .config and .workspace that were causing crash on startup, we opted to backup the whole folder rather than further trace the issue,