Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Construction plane is perpendicular to graphics view

Coco

Hello, I am new to Mastercam.  What does the "The construction plane is perpendicular to graphics view." warning message mean?  

Most of the wire frame drawing is done in the "Top" view.   I tried to create a circle in the "Front" view and got the warning message. 

Is it possible to create a wire frame in the top view and the front view?

Coco

9 minutes ago, Coco said:

Hello, I am new to Mastercam.  What does the "The construction plane is perpendicular to graphics view." warning message mean?  

Most of the wire frame drawing is done in the "Top" view.   I tried to create a circle in the "Front" view and got the warning message. 

Is it possible to create a wire frame in the top view and the front view?

Coco

You have to change the cplane to front view, on the icon with the green arrows in the plane manager, there is a dropdown menu, select the cplane follows gview option, it will help.

Hello Peter, I still have the problem.   This is what I did,

1. I Right Mouse Click in the Top view port window, then choose "Front (WCS)" from the menu.  I can see the view port change orientation.

2. Then create a rectangle.  

3. I get warning message, "The construction plane is perpendicular to graphics view."

If I Google Cplane, I see people open a pop up menu then choose "Front."   After that, they create a rectangle.   (The only difference is, their pop up menu does not say Front (WCS)...it says "Front.")   

I don't know why my pop up Front (WCS) does not let me create a rectangle in the front view port.

Can you please write down the steps you use, click by click in Mastercam 2021?