Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool to Stock Crash in Simulation

First post, Forgive me if this is not in the correct area for this question. Recently purchased a Haas VF4SS with TR210 trunnion. Totally new to 5 axis. Also first time using the simulation within MC.  I have a proven program that runs successfully in the new 5 axis VF4SS (3+2). Within simulation using the MC supplied 5_5AXGEN_VMCTTAB  machine (Which I believe is modeled with the Haas TR210)   I have a tool to stock collision with certain tool changes,  I can see why this occurs because the simulation does not mimic my table moving to a safe zone upon tool changes.

My question is how can I make that safe zone tool change mimic my Haas within simulation ? My feeling from reading other info within this forum tells me I have to do this within my post.

I have only one experience in modifying this post when I had to switch the 'C' & 'A' axis for this machine, so I am hesitant. At the same time I wish to gain experience and knowledge tweaking this post to further streamline it to my Haas.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Mike

I did change the 'X' limits and 'Z' to match  (the MD were set to limits similar to my old VF3)  still is the same.. Only two tools crash out of 5 being used.  I can change the retract height in my program on those two tools to clear the top of my part and it seems to work fine,  but in the real world that would cause a lot of unnecessary  air time.

17 hours ago, Bulletfabrication said:

First post, Forgive me if this is not in the correct area for this question. Recently purchased a Haas VF4SS with TR210 trunnion. Totally new to 5 axis. Also first time using the simulation within MC.  I have a proven program that runs successfully in the new 5 axis VF4SS (3+2). Within simulation using the MC supplied 5_5AXGEN_VMCTTAB  machine (Which I believe is modeled with the Haas TR210)   I have a tool to stock collision with certain tool changes,  I can see why this occurs because the simulation does not mimic my table moving to a safe zone upon tool changes.

My question is how can I make that safe zone tool change mimic my Haas within simulation ? My feeling from reading other info within this forum tells me I have to do this within my post.

I have only one experience in modifying this post when I had to switch the 'C' & 'A' axis for this machine, so I am hesitant. At the same time I wish to gain experience and knowledge tweaking this post to further streamline it to my Haas.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Mike

Not tied to the post so simulation is not going to be as accurate. You want it closer to real world then purchase a post that is linked to the machine sim. No you cannot purchase one directly from CNC Software. In-House and Postability offer this service and they both should work with your dealer. Everything else will be days upon days of wasted time.

• Thanks 1

This is from the Help section within MC:

An NCI file is Mastercam's intermediate NC format. It contains all the machining instructions and information for the NC file, but in a generic format that is common to all machines. The NCI file is the primary input for a Mastercam post processor. The post processor uses the NCI file to create the final NC program for a specific machine or control.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:57 AM, crazy^millman said:

You want it closer to real world then purchase a post that is linked to the machine sim

So, When purchasing a post that is linked to the machine sim am I supposed to be getting a entirely different post than the current one I bought  from my reseller ?

Or do they take my post and tweak it, or do they sell me a new NCI file that is tailored to my machine ?

2 minutes ago, Bulletfabrication said:

So, When purchasing a post that is linked to the machine sim am I supposed to be getting a entirely different post than the current one I bought  from my reseller ?

Or do they take my post and tweak it, or do they sell me a new NCI file that is tailored to my machine ?

I would think they take your post and tweak it to support the machinesim and call it a day, but I cannot speak for them as I don't know where or who you got it from. Best to reach out to them and see what your options are.

• 2 weeks later...